Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pickelhaub

Article about: Nice Bavarian Pickelhaube, it is so hard to find one that is not bent at the front. Morris

Default Pickelhaub

Hello, Imperial friends. I am looking at this helmet through an online ad for a city near me. Before I spend time contacting the owner and initiating discussions (the seller is asking $700, which I think is way too high, if it's a good helmet), does this helmet show promise? These are the sellers online photos, so they are not the best. I will try to obtain better photos is warranted. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaub   Pickelhaub  

Pickelhaub   Pickelhaub  

Pickelhaub   Pickelhaub  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaub
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pickelhaub

The helmet appears to be good, but I'm not an expert on Pickelhaubs.

?

Hello 700 is a pretty good price for this helmet. It is an officers pickelhaub and is in good condition no worries with this one. I think the blue on the sides stands for Bavaria, other than that I cant tell you much else but a good helmet

Yes it's Bavarian.

Luke

Ok thanks. I'm not sure if I am going to go for it but I might inquire as to whether the price is negotiable. I don't have one of these. Don't really need it but I think every helmet collection should have one.

?

The price is well below the going market price for a Bavarian officers helmet. Less than half.

?

Its certainly a Bavarian and not in bad condition, the chin strap is on wrong but apart from that a decent helmet at a reasonable price

$700 is a Steal for a nice officers Bavarian Pickelhaube. It has a beauty of a fluted spike, great chins scales, excellent original cockards, cloverleaf spike base-not to mention the Beautiful front plate. The parts Alone are worth more than that. Jump on it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    $700 is a Steal for a nice officers Bavarian Pickelhaube. It has a beauty of a fluted spike, great chins scales, excellent original cockards, cloverleaf spike base-not to mention the Beautiful front plate. The parts Alone are worth more than that. Jump on it!
    I concur with the above ! a bargain...100% original Bavarian Officers Pickelhaube.
    Prost ! Steve.

I agree !
    Flat scales on the chin strap, shows it can be anything but mounted troops.
    Also love the original, and special to Bavarian officers helmets, ovelray metal kokarde.
    I woudn't hesitate.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast