Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube...

Article about: Hey guys, I normally collect Third Reich militaria although i spotted this Pickelhaube the other day and the guys want £130 for it, however as this item is out of my normal collecting field

Default Pickelhaube...

Hey guys, I normally collect Third Reich militaria although i spotted this Pickelhaube the other day and the guys want £130 for it, however as this item is out of my normal collecting field i was just wondering if you guys can tell me if it is original, if the price is ok and any other history behind this piece please as this information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, Glen.
    PS I am getting some more pictures as i type.
    Attached Images Attached Images Pickelhaube...  Pickelhaube...  Pickelhaube... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pickelhaube...

To be honest there is a great deal of damage and the helmet is missing its rear skirt, it would take a fair amount of money and time to restore this piece, thats if you could find the parts, you could if wanted buy it just for parts, ie the spike, liner, helmet plate etc and either sell seperately or as a whole to someone who has the need to restore a helmet, see if Oradour comments on this, its his speciality

Like Dave said, it is missing quiet some parts, that would be difficult to be replaced, rear squirt and front visor.
    It also misses the rear metal reinforcement with airvent, but that can be find.Chinstrap and rossettes are a classical one, but the easyest to find.
    On the other hand it is great to see it still has its liner.
    130£ is more or less a fair price for a helmet in thise condition, but it will take you years to get it restored.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

With the prices I see out there, I would jump on that for that price. I paid half of that for this! LOL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube...   Pickelhaube...  

Pickelhaube...  

Ok guys so the price seems ok but what about originality?
    Thanks, Glen.

It is original. But I would save your money Glen.

It needs a lot of work & money to restore it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade is right... Better spent some more money on a complete one...

Adler