Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube with fabric chinstrap

Article about: Hi all, As you can see I am trying to get a bit of an imperial German collection together (I also have a few bayonets but they will not fit in the cabinet), the centre piece of which is this

Default Pickelhaube with fabric chinstrap

Hi all,
    As you can see I am trying to get a bit of an imperial German collection together (I also have a few bayonets but they will not fit in the cabinet), the centre piece of which is this newly aquired Prussian ersatz felt Pickelhaube. I am by no means an expert on these items but I have not seen another one with a fabric chinstrap such as this, any ideas?

P.S. I know the Princess Mary tin is a little out of place but its the only place I can display it at the moment! Also, apologies for the ugly de- humidifier in the background.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube with fabric chinstrap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube with fabric chinstrap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pickelhaube with fabric chinstrap

Hi Spitace41,
    can you remove the chinstrap & photograph for a better/closer look ?, i cant make out any details of the chinstrap, other than its light brown !....

Hi Oradour
    I am away from my camera at the moment but as soon as I have it again I will post a pic of the chinstrap in more detail. Thanks for showing interest.

As you said in your post 'ersatz' I have one on my felt which has the silver plated fixtures. Are those steel chin strap buckles? all the other fixtures appear to be brass.