Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

pickelhaube front plate spacing

Article about: hi i have a felt pickelhaube it has 2 sets of holes the origenal ones with the gromets are 8.5cms apart would anyone no the correct front plate for this thanks golf19gt

Default pickelhaube front plate spacing

pickelhaube front plate spacingpickelhaube front plate spacinghi i have a felt pickelhaube it has 2 sets of holes the origenal ones with the gromets are 8.5cms apart would anyone no the correct front plate for this thanks golf19gt
    Last edited by golf19gt; 03-16-2014 at 07:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pickelhaube front plate spacing
    P
    Many

?

Please post a picture.

hi pics added

?

The plate on it is correct, no doubt about it, it fits and is straight. There are numerous variations in the spacing of the loops on these wartime plates that required helmets to be modified.

?

First set appears to have been punched off center. Second set (no grommets) punched right.

?

Could have been, it is hard to tell looking at a photograph. At any rate, both the felt pikelhaube and the ersatz plate are wartime products and made rapidly by sometimes inexperienced makers. The finished assembly looks good, I like it. These are harder to find than the standard leather bodied helmets, plenty were made and issued, they just didn't stand up well to heavy use.