Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube good ?

Article about: I guys, Looking at this one . Obviously not a leather haube, and no stamps visible . The interior is "nice", in a design I'm not familiar with. Any idear if it is good or not. It p

Default Pickelhaube good ?

I guys,
    Looking at this one .
    Obviously not a leather haube, and no stamps visible . The interior is "nice", in a design I'm not familiar with.
    Any idear if it is good or not.
    It probably end up too expensive for me , but ......

Mfg
    Marc

Pickelhaube good ?

Pickelhaube good ?

Pickelhaube good ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube good ?
    P
    Many

At the risk of shooting myself in the foot yet again, I have to say I have never seen a liner like that before - and the scales on the chinstrap look rather flat and thin.

What do you mean by "not a leather haube"? It sure looks like leather to me. And it looks like it is a "parts" Haube to me, some pièces don't add up, like the interieur, the plate on the Inside is not centrated and the chinstrap doesn't seem to match the other hardware.

What I mean is, it has this kind of "square" texture, whereas others I have seen (and own) is more smooth. This goes for the inside of the brim and on the outside of the haube, where it is worn !
    Mfg
    Marc

I have to admit that I don't feel great about this helmet either. The odd ring of pearls around the spike base is unusual, and the before mentioned off center spike plate gives me pause. I would wait for Steve/Oradour to weigh in, but I have doubts myself on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

IMO a reproduction M1891 type Pickelhaube, they are getting good, but ......although artificially dirty, no true age to it ! The spike assembly is wrong, the "perlring" is a ventilation device, twist to ventilate, fitted on earlier models the M1887 model was the last to feature this device, no vent holes in the spikes base would be there if a perlring was fitted ! liner style emulates a private purchase helmets interior...........
    Prost ! Steve.

And there you have it! Save your money! If Steve says "Nay!"...it be
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have seen such a pearl ring before, but with an other spike on top. Im not comfortable with other pièces of the Haube, like the weird liner and the base plate being well out of centre. It looks like it has been made up with other parts that dont belong together. Maybe it was a private purchase (the liner), and the chin strap was added much later.