Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube plate

Article about: Please can anyone identify the unit that this plate was issued to and give an approximate date? (I'm pretty sure it's a common example, but I'm afraid I don't have a pickelhaube guide book!)

Default Pickelhaube plate

Please can anyone identify the unit that this plate was issued to and give an approximate date? (I'm pretty sure it's a common example, but I'm afraid I don't have a pickelhaube guide book!) Anyone got a photo of a helmet with this plate on it ? Thanks, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube plate   Pickelhaube plate  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube plate
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pickelhaube plate

Paul, an 1895 pattern Pickelhaube Wappen, identifiable by its attachment loops (which are missing on this example), examples before this had a screw post attachment...this plate bearing its "Waterloo" bandau battle honour was awarded to the 74th, 77th, 78th 164th and 165th Infantry Regiments of the Imperial German Army by the Kaiser Wilhelm II in recognition of their service under Blucher at the Battle of Waterloo....one of the more common examples of the less common Prussian Wappens, if you know what I mean ! nice plate, thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.