Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Pickelhaube- Question

Article about: Hello, I would like to know something about this pickelhaube - original or fake? If original, any information about it, if You could.

?

Default Pickelhaube- Question

Hello,
    I would like to know something about this pickelhaube - original or fake? If original, any information about it, if You could.
    Pickelhaube- Question
    Pickelhaube- Question
    Pickelhaube- Question
    Pickelhaube- Question
    Pickelhaube- Question
    Pickelhaube- Question
    Pickelhaube- Question

?

I would say yes its real. It is an enlisted mans M1895 Prussian Pickelhaube.
    The star burst on the wappen I not sure of who used that, I think its for Garde but not sure ,so I'll bump this to the top so other's may see it and give you the final answer.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Looks good from these photos.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Here is a great reference site to find more info. Like cockard color,type of chin strap for your Haube

Kaiser's Bunker

And looking at that site, You have a M1895 Prussian Garde infantry Pickelhaube.
    There is also a section on that site that tells you how to take care of your Haube!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks a lot for opinions.

?

One of the split pins for the spike has been replaced, the rear vent spine is missing the pin and washer and helmet appear to have shrunk as the spine is now off the body. But the helmet does look good and is for a Garde Regiment (Garde-Grenadier-Regt.1 thru 5). Are there any markings inside the helmet?

?

I dont know about markings. Its not my haube. I have only these pics, thought about purchase but I lost auction.

Regards, Karlik