Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pickelhaube wappen query

Article about: Hi chaps. I recently purchased this bavarian wappen. It hasnt arrived yet and this is the only pic that i have of it. I have looked at it in greater detail and am starting to doubt it's orig

?

Default Pickelhaube wappen query

Hi chaps. I recently purchased this bavarian wappen. It hasnt arrived yet and this is the only pic that i have of it. I have looked at it in greater detail and am starting to doubt it's originality. Look at the cut out holes in the crown? What do you think?? or

Regards as always and sorry the picture is crap!
    Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images Pickelhaube wappen query 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pickelhaube wappen query
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pickelhaube wappen query

Gentlemen, I have looked further and have found many original wappen with the same crown as this one. Hopefully panic over, I would still like your opinions though!

Cheers
    A

?

Gentlemen,

The Wappen arrived and as requested, I have posted better pictures. It is very thin metal and can be bent easily. There are no retaining hooks and some damage to the top of the crowns etc. This wappen also lacks a lot of detail in my opinion. Do you consider it original?

Cheers
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pickelhaube wappen query   Pickelhaube wappen query  

Hey Blondi,difficult to tell from the pic's.But if it is as you say, "very thin metal and can be bent easily" I wouldn't trust it.Pictures in daylight could help.
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hi Stuka. It's hard to know, the wappen looks to have a lot of age and it has been repaired in a number of places. It seems to be of less quality than the wappen on my Bavarian pickelhaube but I think that this one might be from an enlisted man's helmet as opposed to a private purchase.
    Cheers
    Andy

Andy, post 1914 plate (no intertwined vines around the feet), original ? rule of the thumb....if new/repro it would generally be cast, tiny air bubble marks and lack of detail on the rear, if old/original stamped crisp detail on both front and rear, this one is IMO stamped, but lacks the usual crisp detail. I think its stands a good chance of being original ! albeit in poor overal condition. I would like to handle in the "flesh" to make a 100% deduction. More opinions welcome.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Cheers Steve, I think I doubted this one because it isn't as good quality as the wappen on my Haube. This may be because my Haube is Pre 1914. My Haube is posted here. (you helped me buy it)

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...elhaube-61416/

I think my new Wappen is original but just in crap condition. I am going to leave the original plate on my helmet.
    Thanks Guys
    Andy

Andy, leave the "original" wappen on your haube...despite it being incomplete it is IMO original to the helmet...the wappen above I would move on....as it is not a good example.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Rodger that! Will do

Cheers Steve
    Andy