Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Picklehaube help needed

Article about: Hello, I have attached pics of a picklehaube. I don't know much about them therefore I usually don't get involved. one of our fellow collectors is foaming at the mouth to attempt to purchase

Default Picklehaube help needed

Hello,
    I have attached pics of a picklehaube. I don't know much about them therefore I usually don't get involved. one of our fellow collectors is foaming at the mouth to attempt to purchase this at auction. I wanted to contact you guys as you are the experts as to what you think overall. These are the best pics I am able to source. want to make sure he doesn't make an expensive mistake. Please let me know your thoughts
    Thank you so much for your help in advance
    Happy holidaysPicklehaube help neededPicklehaube help neededPicklehaube help neededPicklehaube help neededPicklehaube help neededPicklehaube help needed
    Bryan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picklehaube help needed
    P
    Many

?

A little worn and the leather looks like it is crazing on the visor portions but a Nice one(I'm a Baden Fan) This is an M1915 enlisted mans Baden infantry picklehaube. The JR 170 stands for Infantry Regiment 170.
    It is of course missing the cockards and a chin strap. Is the dome leather or steel?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-24-2014 at 02:29 AM.

looks good.

?

9. Badisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.170 (Offenburg, III Bn Donaueschingen) XIV Armee Korps. Looks ok, Wappen matches the unit marks.

?

Quote by aicusv View Post
    9. Badisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.170 (Offenburg, III Bn Donaueschingen) XIV Armee Korps. Looks ok, Wappen matches the unit marks.
    Now that is some great info!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

And just so others here know, the General sent me a PM with a grateful thanks for the assistance given.

It is in poor to fair condition though, I wouldn't get to hot and heavy for it. Personally wouldn't part with more than two twenty-five or so all in.

?

I seriously doubt you can buy a Baden helmet for $225.

Read my post Steve, that's not what I said. I wouldn't spend more on that one given it's poor shape - it borders on relic. I didn't say you could get one for that. Baden helmets are not too hard to find and much better examples are out there for not outrageous amounts of money. People are free to do what they want with their money but there are way better examples out there and I wouldn't personally, nor would I encourage anyone to spend very much on the one cited above.

?

Just to set things straight. In the PM from the General I did mention the condition and showed him what they should look like. Along with the lack of cockards and chin strap I did advise him to seek a better example. But that will not be up to him but another individual looking at this one.
    Semper Fi
    Phil