Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

With this picture!

Article about: Hello i recently purchased this picture from an estate and i dont know if its German or what country it is and it would be great if someone could help me with this! - Nick K

Default With this picture!

Hello i recently purchased this picture from an estate and i dont know if its German or what country it is and it would be great if someone could help me with this! - Nick K

With this picture!With this picture!

Default Re: With this picture!

WW1 German Officer.

He wears the so called "Galipoli Star" or Iron half moon. A Turkish decoration.

Moved your thread here to the correct forum where you will get more input.

Cheers, Ade.

Nick, a nice photograph of a Cuirassier (Heavy Cavalry) Officer a "Rittmeister" (Captain), of the Imperial German Army, we can tell this, as he is wearing a Model 1908 Cavalry type "Waffenrock mit Steinkragen" (standing collar) with the distinctive regimental lace/braiding (Bortenbesatz) around the collar and white backed shoulder straps with two pips. As Ade has said, decorated with a number of awards, including the Iron Cross 2nd class and the Turkish war medal.
    Hope that helps,
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks alot for the help is there anyway to identify who he is and his role in the war? and also what do you think the value of it is? - Nick K

Nick, unless someone can decypher the writing, it is in Sutterlin script, hard to read at the best of times, and IF it includes some hint at the Regiment he was in, then if it did, you could check Regiment history and the Prussian rank list for information, and of course check to see if he survived the war.....I have a suspicion he did, and that the photograph may of been taken post war, only suposition of course. When I have time after the holidays, i'll check to see how many "Cuirassier" Regiments fought in the sphere of Turkish influence and would of been elegible to recieved the Turkish war medal. As for value, depends on if you can I.D. the Officer and his history......? Prost ! Steve.

Well i did a little research and found out that there were only ten Cuirassier regiments in 1914 so i hope that helps. - Nick K