Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying

Article about: Hello, I am looking at making an offer on ONE of these two Officer Pickelhaubes. I want to know: A. Do they look authentic or messed with? B. Are there any issues with them (I know the Pruss

Tough decision for me. The Prussian is in excellent shape but not as rare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying
    P
    Many

Pull the trigger on one of them...don't keep us waiting!

?

I would think the pre'97 Prussian would be rarer.

Considering the condition of the leather body on the Prussian, I think it would look great taken down, cleaned and shined up with abit of polish. The Bavarian? As said, you would need to reform the body from being slightly crushed and I'm definitely not liking the front visor damage on it. To my eyes, it looks suspiciously like leather rot. The Bavarian is the more "exotic" and less commonly seen, but for my preference, it's condition makes it monetarily equal to the Prussian. That, and the age of the Prussian is a plus, I'd say. True, the Bavarian has a desirable fluted spike, but from the body deformity, nothing sits flat and tight on it, making it look unattractive.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The plot thickens.
    The Prussian helmet was sold.
    Now I have the opportunity to buy the Bavarian helmet in a trade for two M40 Heer helmets (see photos).
    The seller will give me an additional $300 in the deal.
    Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying   Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying  

Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying   Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying  

Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying   Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying  

Heer are the decals.

I figured the Heer helmets are worth approx $600 each ($1,200 total) and his Pickelhaube is worth around $900.
    So if he gives me the Pickelhaube and $300 that is about even trade.
    Thoughts??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying   Please help - 2 officer's pickelhaubes i am looking at possibly buying  

I'd keep the stahl helms...
    William

WOW!
    Really?
    Why do you say that?

Just a personal thought, is all. I don't really care for the condition of the Haub. It's leather body is deformed and the damage to the visor looks to be potentially leather rot. It's actually up to you, as you will be the new owner if you go for it. The 2 stahl helms are in decent respectable condition and will hold their values fairly well in the years to come. But, if you're looking to own a Haub, you could do worse than this one, I imagine. But you'd best make your mind up soon, or you could end up losing out to this one like the nice Bavarian!
    William

Thanks for the advice.
    If he still had the Prussian haub it would be a no brainier.
    With the condition issues on this one I think I will wait for something better.

Oh and BTW the problem was that I did not have the money or these helmets to trade until now and unfortunately he had sold the Prussian haub by the time I got them.

I did try to make a deal with the seller earlier by trading something else for the Prussian haub but we just couldn't come to terms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast