Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!

Article about: Welcome to the forum! I tried checking the list of Medal of Honor Recipients.....and there is Cpt. Richard E. Fleming (Midway) for wwII (none for Korea listed). No Fleming for WW1 that I can

Default Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!

please help me find some info on this sword My grandmother is 92yrs old and it was given to her by her father. I would love to give her as much info as I can I feel like it would make her day.

Brad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!   Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!  

Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!   Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!  

Attached Images Attached Images Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!  Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!! 
    Last edited by brad31325; 05-06-2012 at 01:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    Please show photos of the whole sword as well.
    I would recommend that you edit your post to remove your e-mail and phone #. Not a good idea.
    You will receive responses here and can add to your thread anytime.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the advice.. I just uploaded more pics and will be happy to upload more detailed pics if needed

I am not very familiar with these, be patient, someone will be able to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I believe it is a German 1870 pattern NCO ( Non Commissioned Officer )
    short sword. Possibly a commemorative because of the etching.........
    Regards,

Steve.

As Steve said, it is a German NCO 1870 Pattern Dress or Short Sword Walking Out Sidearm. The Artillery Regiment engraving is quite attractive. 22nd (2nd Westphalia) Field Artillery. A similar piece, I noticed, is being offered for $400. Not a fortune, but certainly respectable and desirable. Age-wise, it could vary considerably, but is likely late 1800's up to WWI.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's a pretty sword. Do you have any German ancestry?

Gentlemen, an superb example of an "Artillerieseitengewehr M1871", walking out/parade version, which could not be attached to a rifle, as it had non functioning "on/off" button ! (The standard M71 bayonet was designed to be used on the M1871 Mauser Rifle, and was also used on the 71/84 and GEW 88). Engraved to "2nd Westfälisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.22"
    Garrisoned at Münster, and part of the VII Armee Korps. They wore the dunkelblau uniform of the pre WW1 Imperial German Army, with black collar and Swedish cuffs, their shoulder straps were blue with red Exploding Bomb and "22" motif...they wore the "Kugelhelm" (version of the Pickelhaube with ball instead of spike) with gilt Line Eagle wappen (front plate). I can supply details of WW1 involvement. I have an interest in this Regiment as I own a "Kannoniers" dunkelblau tunic from 6th gun of the 2nd battery of the 2nd Westfälisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.22. I am very pleased to see this item.....Brad, thanks for showing ! Here is my 22nd Field Artillery dunkelblau....together with an M1915 Kugelhelm. I also show the type of cap worn when in walking out dress....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!   Please help me find some info on this sword please!!!!  

let me start off by saying thank you to ever body. as I read the info I was finding myself more and more interested. My great grandmother told me last night that the sword was actually was sent by my great grandfather he managed to send a box home. it contained This sword and a smaller one along with a shotgun. The story she gave me was My grandfather was in the war and was clearing a very nice home with lots of fine silver and jewelry. during that time he found the sword and something else that is Very interesting I can discuss if anyone is interested.
    Shortly after he was injured while on a trip with his captain to check a leve during which time they hit a mine. everybody in the jeep was killed but my grandfather. If anybody has anymore info I would really appreciate it

let me add My Grandmother is 92 and she has given me 2 different stories so far. This one she gave me last night sounded right.

His name was CHARLES FLEMING. purple heart, soldiers medal. medal of honor

Hi Brad.

It would be interesting to see and hear more about your Grandfather,
    and know what he did to win the Soldiers Medal and especially
    the Medal Of Honor.........!

Are you or your Grandmother in posession of the medals ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast