Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Post war (WW2) Veterans wound badge............

Article about: Gents, my St u L made wound badge in black, made post war for veterans, St u L made a range of Imperial awards for veterans who needed replacements, i.e. there originals either lost in time

Default Post war (WW2) Veterans wound badge............

Gents, my St u L made wound badge in black, made post war for veterans, St u L made a range of Imperial awards for veterans who needed replacements, i.e. there originals either lost in time or "liberated", they ran for a time alongside their (St u L) 1957 range....until petering out in the late 60's to early 70's.....this example exhibits typical St u L early to mid 1960's rear hardware, tapered pin, closed hingeblock and small "C" catch.....difficult to finD these days, now to find a Silver & Gold versions !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8051.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	223.2 KB 
ID:	703642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8050.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	703643  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8049.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	703644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8048.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	703645  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8047.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	703646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8046.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	703647  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

These appear to be easily recognizable/remembered by the reverse hardware...I'll keep a lookout for the Silber & Gold and let you know if I encounter any during my browsing...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    These appear to be easily recognizable/remembered by the reverse hardware...I'll keep a lookout for the Silber & Gold and let you know if I encounter any during my browsing...cheers, Glenn
    Thanks for the comments Glenn .....I would appreciate your scouting expertise !
    Thanks & prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Steve didn't even know these were out there!! So thanks for another lesson in badges.. Cheers Terry.