Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prussian em/nco pickelhaube

Article about: I was looking for something today and stumbled on this. The second part of this site even gives the materials that should have been used as well as some measurements and thickness guides. Ge

Default Prussian em/nco pickelhaube

Hello mates!
    Could anyone help me with this one? I would like to know if it is original and if 360 dolars is a good price? I have allways thought that it would be really more expensive.
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian em/nco pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian em/nco pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prussian em/nco pickelhaube

Boas, seria melhor uma foto frontal para melhor apreciação, mas imaginando que é original, há sempre bons negocios, este pode ser um deles.
    cumprimentos
    Nuno

Olá nuno! Bem, eu acho melhor falarmos inglês aqui, da última vez eu levei um fora de um membro do site. So, I agree with you. The picture is too poor, but it is the only one that the site had given. Oh yeah, if this one is really original I will ceirtainly buy it! But I will wait for other opinions because is too hard to say something about this one, the picture is terrible. Will allways be nice to talk with you, the only portuguese speaker in this forum I think (lol).
    thanks for the help!
    Grande abraço

I think I'd ask for additional photos and if they're not available, I'd pass. Just my two cents.

Anton

From the photo supplied it is in my opinion, genuine.....the spike is the correct shape (most repro's usually dont have the correct "shaped" spike), look at the visor, notice how the "finish" has run, slid down over time, typical on originals....the "wappen"is genuine, the cross on the orb has been resoldered (common repair), nobody would waste time repairing a wrong one....true, as the others have said, better photos would be better, however you have to sometimes make a decision on an instinct, and this is certainly inexpensive at $360, ask the dealer if it has its original liner. The parts missing, cockades and chinstrap are available. It is a Prussian other ranks issue, identifiable by its "thick" visor trim (as opposed to the thinner private purchase trim), and it is a model 1895 Pickelhaube.
    Hope this helps.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for everyone!! You reaaly know a lot about this itens. I will ask for better photo or more informations and than post here.
    regards

$360 sounds little to me. Steve what would a normal price be for this helmet?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    $360 sounds little to me. Steve what would a normal price be for this helmet?
    Chris, it depends on condition, the helmet shown could have problems not shown, such as no liner, we cant even see the rear visor or spine, thats why we have suggested that Consonecollector should ask more questions and request photographs of the back & liner, having said that, if it is all present, I would expect a Model 1895 haube to fetch £400+ ($600), prices seem to be rising almost daily ! Prost ! Steve.

Thanks a lot once again for your prompt reply Steve.
    Cheers.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hello!
    thanks for all replies! I am going to ask for more pics now!
    regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast