Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Pickelhaube

Article about: Here is my WW1 era Pickelhaube. The surface leather is still in rather nice condition,and the metal furniture in decent condition. The inner liner a bit on the shabby side. The makers stamp

Default Prussian Pickelhaube

Here is my WW1 era Pickelhaube. The surface leather is still in rather nice condition,and the metal furniture in decent condition. The inner liner a bit on the shabby side. The makers stamp and year is still visible but faded
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Pickelhaube   Prussian Pickelhaube  

Prussian Pickelhaube   Prussian Pickelhaube  

Prussian Pickelhaube  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Whats the names on it mate? It displays nicely

The front plate eagle reads. Mitt Gott Fur - Und Vaterland on the wing ribbons , and on the breast of the eagle Koenig FR.

Unfortunately I cannot make out the inked name on the reverse bill of the helmet. It's very faded.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot make out the inked name on the reverse bill of the helmet. It's very faded.
    thats the ones i was talking about..what i do is take photos of the writing, it can make it easier to read..and yours seems to be coming up, but a better pic needed

?

Nice helmet. The only cockade that you show is incorrect for the helmet, but don't worry it is worth more than the correct one. It appears to be a Bavarian NCO cockade. This helmet could carry a few different state cockades, but not Bavarian. Chances are that it originally had a Prussian (black, white, black). Is the national cockade also made in two pieces?

Hi aicusv. Thank you for the kind info

Default More pics

Closer view of the name
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Pickelhaube   Prussian Pickelhaube  

When I researched the helmet. The cockade fell into the Prussian category, but very happy to find out its Bavarian NCO

Nice helmet
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.