Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Pilot Badge

Article about: Hi guys, bought this pilot badge a few days ago. Any experts here in the forum for this badges? Is it a badge out from the time frame 1914-1918. Kind regards Joe

Default Prussian Pilot Badge

Hi guys,

bought this pilot badge a few days ago. Any experts here in the forum for this badges? Is it a badge out from the time frame 1914-1918.

Kind regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Pilot Badge   Prussian Pilot Badge  

Prussian Pilot Badge   Prussian Pilot Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Pilot Badge
    P
    Many

no expert on these,imo good one.

MAP
    ?

Joe,

I'm in no way a reliable source of information on these badges. I did however remember seeing a thread a few months back that had a link to a nice website showing originals (primarily Zeppelins but also Pilots if I remember correctly). A few interesting read. I looked but could not find it again. Sorry, maybe you could have better luck.

That said, there was another thread that I thought was interesting.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...-badges-12573/

The first picture has 4 hollow back badges. The last one (bottom right corner) looked similar. But I noticed that the buildings on the bottom left of your badge is way over to the left almost touching the wreath. Unlike others I have seen where the buildings have a larger gap between the wreath.

Again, not my expertise AT ALL. Just an observation.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Unfortunately, I have to say that I am not feeling good about this badge. The design in the field is markedly different from the known genuine examples. The Road, in particular on this badge is simply a plain curved line, rather than the somewhat angle one as seen on the others-especially where it meets the hill. The buildings, too, are positioned differently and seem to lack any clear detailing that should be there. I do not care either for the crooked mounting of the pin. I can't say that I have ever encountered a good one that had this oddity to it. Considering the decent money that I would imagine that you paid for this badge, I would likely return it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

In my opinion, this badge has all the features that I would expect to find in a 1920s-30s veteran's piece...Hollow-Stamped, overall appearance, correct round "C" Catch...Should measure around 72mm...I wouldn't hesitate to add it to my collection...Just my 2 cents.
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    In my opinion, this badge has the features that I would expect to find in a 1920s-30s veteran's piece...Hollow-Stamped, overall appearance, correct round "C" Catch...Should measure around 72mm...I wouldn't hesitate to add it to my collection...Just my 2 cents.
    cheers, Glenn
    Thank you guys for your help and your opinions!

I have become the Information yet, that the badge is made from the so called "square punch maker" and it is an pretty hard to find type. Maker is unknown.

Glenn, i think you would`t wrong when you add it in your collection.

Kind Regards
    Joe

If it's good enough for Ferg, it's good enough for me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I have given up, figuring these badges out , for now !
    Congrats on finding an apple in the basket of hand grenades ;-))
    I like it a lot, hope to own one some day :-)

Mfg
    Marc

Same thing here!
    High on my list, hope to add one some day.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris