Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Prussian Tunic

Article about: I would like to know if this tunic is original and how much it is worth? I would also like to know if everything on the tunic is original to it too. I don't specialize in Imperial German ite

Default Prussian Tunic

Prussian TunicI would like to know if this tunic is original and how much it is worth? I would also like to know if everything on the tunic is original to it too. I don't specialize in Imperial German items because I usually collect items from the Third Reich. If anyone could answer these questions for me that would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images Prussian Tunic Prussian Tunic Prussian Tunic Prussian Tunic Prussian Tunic 

Default Re: Prussian Tunic

Prussian TunicPrussian TunicPrussian TunicPrussian TunicPrussian TunicPrussian Tunic

Default Re: Prussian Tunic

A lovely original pre-war Dunkelblau tunic, it is correct for field Artillery with its Swedish cuffs, its black velvet facings, correct in every detail ! and the bonus ? superbly marked !...100% original and a nice tunic to own if the price is right, buy it ! as for price.......around £200. Here is some information on the Regiment it is from...
    F.A.R.51 is for "2. Ober-Elsässisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.51" garrisoned at Straßburg i.E. and was part of XV Armee Korps. the other markings are clothing store (B.A. XV) and dates issued, the 5.B. is for issue to a member of the 5th Battery within the Regiment.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)