Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Prussian Tunic

Article about: I would like to know if this tunic is original and how much it is worth? I would also like to know if everything on the tunic is original to it too. I don't specialize in Imperial German ite

Default Prussian Tunic

Name:  $T2eC16NHJHIE9nyseGi,BQkHUyw+Tw~~60_14.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  2.9 KBI would like to know if this tunic is original and how much it is worth? I would also like to know if everything on the tunic is original to it too. I don't specialize in Imperial German items because I usually collect items from the Third Reich. If anyone could answer these questions for me that would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default Re: Prussian Tunic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9)KFBQkHWQ8)yQ~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	456921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2pyfSBQkH(LlFHw~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	456922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16dHJHYE9nzpfIwNBQkHVQYf8w~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	456923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqZHJFMF!N-QY8jrBQkHVIFV(g~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	456924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqZHJBwFCQJg4WUVBQkHV!J!iQ~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	456925Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prussia.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	456926

Default Re: Prussian Tunic

A lovely original pre-war Dunkelblau tunic, it is correct for field Artillery with its Swedish cuffs, its black velvet facings, correct in every detail ! and the bonus ? superbly marked !...100% original and a nice tunic to own if the price is right, buy it ! as for price.......around £200. Here is some information on the Regiment it is from...
    F.A.R.51 is for "2. Ober-Elsässisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.51" garrisoned at Straßburg i.E. and was part of XV Armee Korps. the other markings are clothing store (B.A. XV) and dates issued, the 5.B. is for issue to a member of the 5th Battery within the Regiment.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)