Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

repro ??

Article about: not knowing much about these type i dont know if genuine

Default repro ??

repro ??repro ??repro ??repro ??repro ??repro ??repro ??repro ??

not knowing much about these type i dont know if genuine

Default Re: repro ??

I'd say it's a repro yes, but these are way outside my normal field. I don't like the look of the brass.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'd say it's a repro yes
    Absolutely ! sorry.........it is purporting to be a Model 1889 Cuirassier (Heavy Cavalry) helmet, just a quick summary:- Artificially aged, spike and base shape is wrong, on the genuine thing, mm will be visible on inside of helmet near to spike mount, stamped into the metal, mm + date, also size, example "56" will be stamped on inside of rear visor trim in the middle.......under the visors should be painted green (front) black (rear) chinstrap plates should be curved not flat. Is it yours ? Hope you did not pay a lot for it...I saw one a couple of weeks ago on e-bay that looked just like this one......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 03-31-2012 at 09:02 PM.

thanx just confirmed my thoughts

Gents..photographs of the real thing, albeit a M1894 version, the only addition at this date the M91 chinstrap lugs as on a Pickelhaube...other than that identical to the model 1889...I only have a Model 1915 in my collection, with grey fittings and alternative Pickelhaube spike and leather chinstraps fitted, see photo 2.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture repro ??   repro ??  

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Absolutely ! sorry.........it is purporting to be a Model 1889 Cuirassier (Heavy Cavalry) helmet, just a quick summary:- Artificially aged, spike and base shape is wrong, on the genuine thing, mm will be visible on inside of helmet near to spike mount, stamped into the metal, mm + date, also size, example "56" will be stamped on inside of rear visor trim in the middle.......under the visors should be painted green (front) black (rear) chinstrap plates should be curved not flat. Is it yours ? Hope you did not pay a lot for it...I saw one a couple of weeks ago on e-bay that looked just like this one......
    Prost ! Steve.
    You da man. Buddy.