Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl) tunic

Article about: Hi Hope this is of interest to folks. This is a named tunic for inft regt 3 of the royal bavarian army. The tunic is circa 1888 to 1896. The Regt I believe was part of the 1st Army Corps and

Default Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl) tunic

Hi

Hope this is of interest to folks.

This is a named tunic for inft regt 3 of the royal bavarian army.

The tunic is circa 1888 to 1896.

The Regt I believe was part of the 1st Army Corps and based in Augsburg.

cheers

tony

Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl)  tunicRoyal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl)  tunicRoyal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl)  tunicRoyal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl)  tunic

Default Re: Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl) tunic

Tony, thanks for posting, a great looking tunic, I like the blue pre-war tunics better than the field gray....I have three in my collection, you are correct with your Regiment, "Kgl. Bayer. 3. Infanterie-Regt. Prinz Karl von Bayern" indeed garrisoned at Augsburg, and part of the I Bayern Armee-Korps (most blue tunics had the Army Corps colour piped around the vertical panel of the Brandenburg cuff, white in this case). Nicely marked with a personal label (which were private purchase items) to a fellow in the 10th Company of the 3rd Battalion of that Regiment. Although grouped together in collectors terms as "Dunkelblau blau tunics", Bavarian tunics were always a shade lighter, infact the official designation for the colour of Bavarian tunics was "Hellblau" (Light blue). It is indeed an 1888-95 waffenrock, as these earlier tunics had larger buttons ! and no vent in the rear flaps. Thanks for showing, I must get my camera out and post my tunics !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 01-24-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Default Re: Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl) tunic

On the subject of those neat little "owner tags" heres a some that are left of a Baden soldiers lot complete with wrapper ! obtained some years ago on a whim, I have seen these "tags" affixed to all sorts of personal equipment, from tunics to ammo pouches !.......and an old photograph of my Fusiler Dunkelblau tunic from the "Füsilier-Regt. Königin (1.Schleswig-Holsteinisches) Nr.86", I & II Battalions garrisoned at Flensburg; III Battalion at Sonderburg, part of the VIII Armee Korps (Yellow piped cuff panel), sadly not named.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl)  tunic   Royal Bavarian Infantry Regiment 3 (Prince Karl)  tunic