Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.

Article about: Hello, Today I received 10 WW1 German POW letters. The seller originally wanted 100 euro for the lot; I made a cheeky offer of 20 euro because they are out of my collecting field, he accepte

Default Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.

Hello,

Today I received 10 WW1 German POW letters.
    The seller originally wanted 100 euro for the lot; I made a cheeky offer of 20 euro because they are out of my collecting field, he accepted my offer.

Each letter is full of text; sadly it is incredibly intricate so I don't stand a chance of translating it.

I would like to know if I got a good deal and if any of you guys could give me any more information about these items.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.   Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.  

Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.  

Default Re: Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.

Glen: Any chance you could scan the letters that are in the envelopes and post them? I'm sure that some of us can translate them for you over time. The man appears to have a very clear handwriting, which would make reading them much easer than the usual hen-scratchings we so often see, and the contents might be very useful and historically interesting. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Glen: Any chance you could scan the letters that are in the envelopes and post them? I'm sure that some of us can translate them for you over time. The man appears to have a very clear handwriting, which would make reading them much easer than the usual hen-scratchings we so often see, and the contents might be very useful and historically interesting. Dwight
    Hey Dwight,

Thank you very much for the offer of a translation.
    Just give me about 30 minutes and I will post complete scans of these letters.

Thank you, Glen.

Ok, so it took me slightly longer than 30 minutes but here they are.
    I appreciate that some scans aren't great.

LETTER 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.   Selection of 10 WW1 German POW letters.  

Letter 2

Letter 3

Letter 4

Letter 5

Letter 6

Letter 7

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast