Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Service souviner

Article about: large size 2.3 feet by 1.5 vibrant colors- will add better pictures amazing calligraphy picture in center is real. on heavy stock paper Thanks General Putnam

Default Service souviner

large size 2.3 feet by 1.5
    vibrant colors- will add better pictures
    amazing calligraphy
    picture in center is real.
    on heavy stock paper
    Thanks
    General Putnam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Service souviner   Service souviner  

Service souviner   Service souviner  

That is a very neat piece. I have never seen one like it before.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Default additional picture

here is picture with a better shot of the vibrant colorsService souviner

very nice item.

I am going to attempt to translate as much of this as possible will repost when I finish

A very nice document for a Bavarian veteran with extensive WW1 service. Here's what it says:

1914 - War Chronicle - 1918
    Georg Klüglein
    Infantryman with Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 4/12. Kompanie und Minenwerfer-Kompanie [Reserve Infantry Regiment 4, 12th Company and Trench Mortar Company] in the field.

Eisernes Kreuz II. Klasse [Iron Cross 2nd Class], Militärverdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit Schwertern [Military Merit Cross 3rd Class with Swords], Frontkämpfer-Kreuz [Frontline Combatants' Cross]*

He joined up for service in the World War on 2/1/1915 with Rekruten-Depot, II. Ersatz-Bataillon/5. Infanterie-Regiment [Recruit Depot, 2nd Replacement Battalion, 5th Infantry Regiment], on 15/2/15 to II. Ersatz-Bataillon/18. Infanterie-Regiment [2nd Replacement Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment]. Deployed into the field: 10/4/15 with 12. Kompanie, Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 4 [12th Company, Reserve Infantry Regiment 4]. On 9/9/18 to the Minenwerfer-Kompanie, Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 4 [Trench Mortar Company, Reserve Infantry Regiment 4]. He took part with honor in the battles and position warfare at the Western Front: At La Vaux-Fery-Kuhkopf, in the Vosges, at Ronvaux-Haudioment-Manheulles, between the Meuse and the Moselle, at the Somme, Aisne, Champagne, at Verdun, in Flanders. In the East: At Sereth, Ukraine (1917). In the West: At Verdun, Soissons and Reims, Champagne. On 25/10/18 to the Military Hospital le Mosine, etc. He fulfilled his duty loyally. Honorably discharged due to demobilization: 25/11/1918.

*) Just for additional illustration, here is a medal bar with those three decorations:

Service souviner

it says he ended up in the hospital- im sure there is no way to figure what the injury was. correct

?

Nice item! Must be made after 1934...

Ciao,
    Crab

Quote by GeneralPutnam View Post
    it says he ended up in the hospital- im sure there is no way to figure what the injury was.
    Not from this document, no.

Quote by crab View Post
    Nice item! Must be made after 1934...
    Correct. (Crab is referring to the fact that Klüglein's decorations include the 1914/18 Honor Cross, which was instituted in 1934.)

this keeps getting more interesting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast