Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Single Shoulder Board to IR.73

Article about: A new arrival this weeks, picked it up nice an cheaply as well with an OST medal. Nice board to go with my small but expanding WW1 grouping. Nice infantry regiment 73 board with some mothing

Default Single Shoulder Board to IR.73

A new arrival this weeks, picked it up nice an cheaply as well with an OST medal. Nice board to go with my small but expanding WW1 grouping. Nice infantry regiment 73 board with some mothing to both front and back. Would I be right in saying this is a late war example? Just started my shoulder board collecting so not all in the know with these

Cheers
    Jason
    Single Shoulder Board to IR.73Single Shoulder Board to IR.73Single Shoulder Board to IR.73Single Shoulder Board to IR.73

Default Re: Single Shoulder Board to IR.73

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Would I be right in saying this is a late war example? Just started my shoulder board collecting so not all in the know with these. Cheers Jason
    Jason...you are correct in your assumption.. it does indeed look to be an M15 shoulder board, as opposed to an M07/10 strap, just to make sure I will provide measurements for you to check...M15 shoulder straps were reduced in size from 2.1" (5.5cm) to 1.8" (4.5cm) these straps were sewn down at the shoulder seams, there were two methods of sewing the straps to an M1915 Bluse, most straps being sewn on to the shoulder seam, whip stiched or "tacked on" , the Bavarians on the other hand opened up the seam and tucked the strap in and sewed it shut, most Bavarian straps being unfinished at the shoulder end...your is finished, and infact belongs to "Füsilier-Regt. Feldmarshchall Prinz Albrecht von Preußen (1.Hannoversches) Nr.73", garrisoned in Hannover, and part of X Armee Korps....this Regiment had famous battle honours and as such was allowed to wear the coveted Yellow "GIBRALTAR" on blue cufftitle worn on right sleeve by all ranks and the Bandeau "PENINSULA WATERLOO" on their Pickelhaubes.
    see here on the Gibraltar cuff title. The GIBRALTAR Cuff-Title
    A good strap to have in any Imperial collection....
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: Single Shoulder Board to IR.73

Thank you Steve, you always have such great information to give. I just had a little measure and it is indeed 4.5cm which is great. Thanks for the link as well, just had a good read. Very happy to be the new owner of this one! Pretty good for $25 posted

Here is a quick pic of it with the rest of the small collection

Cheers
    Jason
    Single Shoulder Board to IR.73

?

Here are a few more from F.R.73. The Hauptmann pair might have been owned by Ernst Jünger's commander.
    Attached Images Attached Images Single Shoulder Board to IR.73 

Any comments on the style of numbering between the two enlisted straps? Manufacturer's variant, or private purchase vs issue style?

?

I'm guessing manufacturer variant, unless you can show me a Bavarian infantry unit numbered 73.