Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Article about: I simply want to share these humble acquisitions with any interested party on the forum. Bayern - Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen nach 25-jähriger Dienstleistung im Verleihungsetui (1884-1918), proba

KSH
    ?

Default A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

I simply want to share these humble acquisitions with any interested party on the forum.

Bayern - Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen nach 25-jähriger Dienstleistung im Verleihungsetui (1884-1918), probably pre-WWI:

A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Bayern - Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen für 25-jährige Dienstzeit (1922-1928):

A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Verdienstkreuz des Bayerischen Kriegerbundes (Weimar-era):

A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges für Kriegsteilnehmer (established in 1934, so technically a Third Reich award):

A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifactsA small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges für Hinterbliebene (established in 1934, so technically a Third Reich award):

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

?

Default Re: A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Nice finds.

Default Re: A small assembly of newly acquired Imperial- and Weimar-era artifacts

Unfortunately, the Herstellers G8 and G11 on your Hindenburg Crosses are unknown makers from unknown locations. Nice widows cross, looks like original ribbon too.

KSH
    ?

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    Unfortunately, the Herstellers G8 and G11 on your Hindenburg Crosses are unknown makers from unknown locations. Nice widows cross, looks like original ribbon too.
    I am aware of this, however it is not an important issue for me - had they been marked by a known maker it would just be a slight bonus in my opinion. And who knows, in the years to come the "G-series" of makers of the Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges might become known if we are indeed fortunate. I certainly hoped the ribbon for the Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene would look original as that is what it is

Thank you gentlemen for your interest. My favorite of this small assembly is the cased top one, for 25 years of voluntary fire protection service.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.