Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch Translation

Article about: After months of searching and digging, I have managed to get my hands on a soldbuch, and in the thoughtful manner of a gift from my dear mother for Christmas! I am ever so grateful for the g

Default Soldbuch Translation

After months of searching and digging, I have managed to get my hands on a soldbuch, and in the thoughtful manner of a gift from my dear mother for Christmas! I am ever so grateful for the gift, and now I wish to learn a bit more about it's owner. One problem: I don't read handwriting so well, and I don't read German so well, either. And that's where I am hoping that you folks can come in to my assistance. I apologize for not contributing and asking only a lot of questions recently, but I do my best to learn. Anyways, these are the two best pictures I can take currently. If better ones are required, I will attempt to get some in natural light tomorrow (As it has gotten to a point where the streetlights come on at 5:30 PM around here! ). Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance! Soldbuch Translation

Soldbuch Translation

MAP
    ?

I'm really bad at this and can just make out a few things. Most of it are pure guessing...Hopefully others can correct me....

His surname might have been Preuss or something similar. If this Soldbuch is for WW1, he was quite old, being at least 33 years old.

Born: July 23, 1881
    Born in Leukersdorf ?? in Saxony? doesn't jive with the what I translate below....
    Administrative district: Allenstein ?? (Olsztyn, in Polish)
    Federal State: Prussia

Part 2 is his parents (Der Eltern).

Can't make out much here but I think his mothers maiden name was Marianne Krebs. ??

Part 5 is that he was married to Agnes (??) Welki
    Administrative district of Recklinghausen (in the Ruhr - North Rhine-Westphalia)
    Children: 2
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

In another part of the book (Page 8-9, to be exact), it mentions he received vaccinations in April of 1915. Would there possibly be any medical records where I would be able to trace down a Preuss (Or a similar spelling) who was vaccinated in April 1915?

I'd love to see more pics whatever light as long as they are clear. I know this site is on WW2 types but it may help on some German?
    Soldbuch Anatomy Part 1 / der Erste Zug

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    In another part of the book (Page 8-9, to be exact), it mentions he received vaccinations in April of 1915. Would there possibly be any medical records where I would be able to trace down a Preuss (Or a similar spelling) who was vaccinated in April 1915?
    I just found this - not sure if it helps?
    Start | 100 Jahre 1. Weltkrieg

If it's of any assistance to who this man was, here's the clearest picture I could get of the cover. I believe they would normally be stamped with the name of his regiment and his full name would be written, however this might not be the case. Perhaps both his name and regiment were written down?

EDIT: No clue why it's sideways...

EDIT 2: I just made a mess. Hopefully this one is rightside up!Soldbuch Translation
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Translation  

MAP
    ?

His first name is most likely August. Thus August Preuss if I got the last name correct.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes his name was August Preuß and he was in the 5th Kompanie, II Bataillon of Infanterie Regiment 150. He was wounded lightly in early 1915. I have not checked VDK, but thus far it appears he did survive the war.

Thank you so much! The minute I got it, I've been wondering about the identity of the owner and his fate. I appreciate everybody's help!