Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895

Article about: Hi All. This is being offered to me, I don't know much about these so I will ask the experts, it came out of a vet sale long with WW2 items, I believe its a 1895 Prussian infantry helmet, it

Default Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895

Hi All. This is being offered to me, I don't know much about these so I will ask the experts, it came out of a vet sale long with WW2 items, I believe its a 1895 Prussian infantry helmet, its dated 1915 along with a maker mark and named inside, how does it look to you guys? Thanks for any help.
    Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895
    P
    Many

Default Re: Spiked helmet help needed prussian 1895

This is either late Prussian or a WW1 pickelhaube, I think it's an officers, it looks authentic to me! Just see what the others have to say, could I ask how much you paid?

Regards,
    Caleb.

Nothing wrong with this nice M1895 Prussian line Infantry Pickelhaube, up graded in 1897 with "Reichs" cocarde...it is good condition.
    Prost ! Steve.

I think it could have been used in WW1 as a officers dress helmet also, but it was definantly Prussian era, I agree.

Caleb.

Thanks guys, I was hoping its legit, I didnt buy it yet, im trying to put together a package deal with the seller, any thoughts on a fair price? I know some types are below 500 and some way above 500, not sure where this should fall.

Quote by Collector121096 View Post
    I think it could have been used in WW1 as a officers dress helmet Caleb.
    Why would think that ?
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Steve is right except for the upgrade... since the helmet was made in 1915, both Kokarden were present when the helmet went into service. To note is also that it's one of the last pickelhauben with brass fittings, since from 1915 on the fittings were made of gray painted steel due to brass shortage.
    To set all straight... it's an original Prussian M1895 Pickelhaube for line infantry enlisted men and nco's...

Adler

I'm not talking about this particular example but this particular model, I am probably wrong though,

Danke!
    Caleb.

Thanks for the info guys, I will probably overpay but these are getting harder to find in decent condition, I feel the value will only increase with time.

?

I don't see any torn sticking or cracking of the leather and the Wappen looks in good condition and not broken and missing anything. You got the Kockardes and chin strap to Boot! So I like it!!!!
    I also think it would look awesome next to my 1895 Baden Landwher Haube. Hint Hint
    If you don't mind me asking, where is it marked?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast