Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Spiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mud

Article about: This is my #6 spiky thing part 2 work in progress. I have taken the form out of the lid, as soon as I did that the front brass trim popped back off, however I think I can get it back on with

?

Default Spiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mud

This is my #6 spiky thing part 2 work in progress.
    I have taken the form out of the lid, as soon as I did that the front brass trim popped back off, however I think I can get it back on with some work.
    Now here are some interesting things I have found.
    1, it looks like it sat in mud for sometime lying on it's side as the photos show
    2, you can see the inside part of the brass "plugs" used to cover the original holes that were in this re-purposed helmet. The mud covers one of these so they have been there for a long time
    3, the liner looks like it is man made leather, however I am not sure yet
    4, there is writing on both the from and rear brim, ( if anyone can help with this I would be most greatful !!!)

I am now wondering if this was a battlefield pick up or some one found it lying on a field shortly after the war, why else would it have been half full of mud?

Please make comments or suggestions I am all ears and am learning to restore as I go along..I would have to make costly mistakes

Again for some reason the photos will not come out in order, I have tried several ways to try to get them to come out in order..but no joy so far.

Dean O
    Canada

Spiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mudSpiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mudSpiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mudSpiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mudSpiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mudSpiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mudSpiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mud

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spiky thing #6 Part 2 interesting markings and mud
    P
    Many