Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?

Article about: I was interested in possibly purchasing one of these two Pickelhaube helmets. Are these helmets authentic?

Default Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?

I was interested in possibly purchasing one of these two Pickelhaube helmets. Are these helmets authentic?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?   Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?  

Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?   Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?  

Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?   Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these Pickelhaube helmets authentic?
    P
    Many

They appear to be authentic but in very rough condition. I would pass based on the condition.

i would also say originals too judging by the wear and tear ,i think if the price was right id buy one ,but thats just my opinion

Hi

Prussian line infantry other ranks helmets, 1895 pattern by the look of things, second one is worth buying at the right price IMO as all you need to buy is an original spike and you will have a nice helmet.

cheers

Tony

Quote by James C View Post
    i would also say originals too judging by the wear and tear ,i think if the price was right id buy one ,but thats just my opinion
    Same here but it'd have to be cheap!...

The removebal spike make them,all, mod 1915 helmets!
    They are original, but as been said; they need some work...
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

The last one is certainly worthy of restoration. The rest would come in handy as a source of spare parts and to practice restoration techniques on leather.

Both are as Kris states, M15 Pickelhaubes, both could be restored, parts, spikes, cockades, chinstraps all available, with some added elbow grease these could once more sparkle !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

The second one would be my choice. The body is in good shape and it has a chinstrap. To make it complete would require a spike and cocade's. An easy restoration.

Pop a spike back on the 2nd one and with a little wiping off, you'd have a decent Pickelhaube.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast