Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Think i Found a WWI German Tunic

Article about: i Think i Found a WWI German Tunic at a bootsale yesterday but im not sure, the seller told me he thinks it is some german tunic one of his relatives broght back from africa in wwi please ca

Default Re: Think i Found a WWI German Tunic

Another reference I think from the same site as Steve just posted.

German Colonial Uniforms

The stamp inside for south west Africa is a little different.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Cool uniform, I'm curious to see what it turns out to be.

Thanks

Burt

Quote by big ned View Post
    Another reference I think from the same site as Steve just posted.

German Colonial Uniforms

The stamp inside for south west Africa is a little different.

Regards, Ned.
    little different or just more clear stampt, but to be hounest i dont think they had only one stamp made and i think there sure can be little differences in the stamp but in all form and text the stamp is near the same i think

Quote by Swingcat View Post
    one stamp i found online
    Not exact though.....the above is what I would expect to see. Yours is, well, too good ! and why would the tunic be piped in red (Cameroon) and stamped South West Africa, a different region ?......still thinking vets or film prop, unless someone can positively identify.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Not exact though.....the above is what I would expect to see. Yours is, well, too good ! and why would the tunic be piped in red (Cameroon) and stamped South West Africa, a different region ?......still thinking vets or film prop, unless someone can positively identify.
    Prost ! Steve.
    that sounds like it is a hard to find out item, but many thanks so far
    lets hope someone has some more informations

?

Maybe a movie prop, yes.
    Maybe from "Shout for the Devil" ...or one of the many other WWI movies.
    (That was just the first one that popped into my head :-)).

This book would help...I have volumes 1 & 2 but not 3 !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Think i Found a WWI German Tunic 

This book would help...I have volumes 1 & 2 but not 3 !
    Prost ! Steve.
    it is always the missing volume

The more I look at the stamp, the more I am inclined to think it has been added post manufacture of the jacket, to decieve ! the tunic looks good at first glance, but when close-up and compared to an original there is plenty wrong with it .......the stamp is too clinical, too correct, too new.....there is no wear or smudging as on the original stamp, these traits would appear with the constant moving of the material when the jacket was worn (especially in a hot climate !)...IMO it is a messed with film prop, and therefore not worth a carrot !
    Prost ! Steve.

The more I look at the stamp, the more I am inclined to think it has been added post manufacture of the jacket, to decieve ! the tunic looks good at first glance, but when close-up and compared to an original there is plenty wrong with it .......the stamp is too clinical, too correct, too new.....there is no wear or smudging as on the original stamp, these traits would appear with the constant moving of the material when the jacket was worn (especially in a hot climate !)...IMO it is a messed with film prop, and therefore not worth a carrot !
    Prost ! Steve.
    its way to good made for a prop thats for sure in my oppinion and the material feels right and old to me, the smell is old too, maybe the stamp came later but what ever this is is for sure old and is something possibly
    and maybe it was never used and only a kammer item

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast