Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Think i Found a WWI German Tunic

Article about: i Think i Found a WWI German Tunic at a bootsale yesterday but im not sure, the seller told me he thinks it is some german tunic one of his relatives broght back from africa in wwi please ca

Default Think i Found a WWI German Tunic

i Think i Found a WWI German Tunic at a bootsale yesterday but im not sure, the seller told me he thinks it is some german tunic one of his relatives broght back from africa in wwi please can someone tell me what this is and if it is german WWI and what for the tunic was, and maybe if real or copy, i got the tunic and a wwi iron cross of that seller and the cross is good but i dont know anything about wwi german tunics so i need your help for that part, thanks in advance for the help

Think i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German TunicThink i Found a WWI German Tunic

?

Default Re: Think i Found a WWI German Tunic

Strange colour. Can just be the light of course.

think i found a similar looking one online but not sure
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Think i Found a WWI German Tunic  

Quote by Scout View Post
    Strange colour. Can just be the light of course.
    im not the best with my cam but looks like the one on the photo i addet

?

Nice pic. I hope its real. Then you can do your Lettow-Vorbeck imitation! :-)

Quote by Scout View Post
    Nice pic. I hope its real. Then you can do your Lettow-Vorbeck imitation! :-)
    we will see, thanks so far

?

That type of material was used for work battalions. You will find WWI canteens covered in the same type of cloth.
    That is my best guess. I am far from an expert.

Swingcat.....different types of corduroy tunic and uniform were authorised from 1896 onwards in the Imperial German Colonial "Schutztruppe" who policed/defended German East Africa, German South West Africa and Cameroon & Togo, they were the Kord "Waffenrock", the Kord "Interimsrock" and the Kord "Litewka". They replaced the old 1894 Kord Waffenrock (noticeable with their Polish style cuffs and breast pockets). However none of these tunics are of the same cut as the tunic you show.....all had more than five buttons, officially no breast pockets....there were private purchase tunics/uniforms which looked similiar but differed in details, it was common for Officers to add breast pockets, however, all African Schutztruppen tunics were piped in blue not red...however red was the official colour for Cameroon & Togo, usually piped on their slouch hats...but not tunics.....the stampings in the tunic do not conform IMO, to known Schutztruppen marks of the period.....so what is it ? a film prop ? or is it a veterans tunic made post WW1 ? I quote from this site German Colonial Uniforms which I recommend you study... "Many tunics were made for Schutztruppe veterans after the First World War. They usually followed the 1896 uniform regulations but of course were not obliged to since the Kaiser who had authorised them had abdicated. This particular tunic varies from the 1896 regulations in that it has piping in colony colours (in this case red for Cameroon) whereas during the Imperial era all 1896 khaki tunics were piped blue irrespective of which colony the wearer was serving in." lets see if any other members can an opinion on this tunic......I show the veterans tunic. Hope this helps......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Think i Found a WWI German Tunic 

Quote by oradour View Post
    Swingcat.....different types of corduroy tunic and uniform were authorised from 1896 onwards in the Imperial German Colonial "Schutztruppe" who policed/defended German East Africa, German South West Africa and Cameroon & Togo, they were the Kord "Waffenrock", the Kord "Interimsrock" and the Kord "Litewka". They replaced the old 1894 Kord Waffenrock (noticeable with their Polish style cuffs and breast pockets). However none of these tunics are of the same cut as the tunic you show.....all had more than five buttons, officially no breast pockets....there were private purchase tunics/uniforms which looked similiar but differed in details, it was common for Officers to add breast pockets, however, all African Schutztruppen tunics were piped in blue not red...however red was the official colour for Cameroon & Togo, usually piped on their slouch hats...but not tunics.....the stampings in the tunic do not conform IMO, to known Schutztruppen marks of the period.....so what is it ? a film prop ? or is it a veterans tunic made post WW1 ? I quote from this site German Colonial Uniforms which I recommend you study... "Many tunics were made for Schutztruppe veterans after the First World War. They usually followed the 1896 uniform regulations but of course were not obliged to since the Kaiser who had authorised them had abdicated. This particular tunic varies from the 1896 regulations in that it has piping in colony colours (in this case red for Cameroon) whereas during the Imperial era all 1896 khaki tunics were piped blue irrespective of which colony the wearer was serving in." lets see if any other members can an opinion on this tunic......I show the veterans tunic. Hope this helps......
    Prost ! Steve.
    intresting, and i found for the stamp this link please have a look there
    German Colonial Uniforms

one stamp i found online
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Think i Found a WWI German Tunic  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast