Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this M1915 Pickelhaube?

Article about: Got it in the mail today. Any additional thoughts now that I have some closer photos of the cockades and chinstrap? The national cockade appears to be pretty old and faded. Should I be put o

Default Thoughts on this M1915 Pickelhaube?

Got it in the mail today. Any additional thoughts now that I have some closer photos of the cockades and chinstrap? The national cockade appears to be pretty old and faded. Should I be put off at all that the chinstrap has brass fittings? I know the dealer is a reputable one, but I was hoping for an extra set of eyes and opinions just to be safe. Its advertised as all original. Do the chinstrap and cockades look right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this M1915 Pickelhaube?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts on this M1915 Pickelhaube?

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

A stunning M1915 Pickelhaube ! in remarkable condition for its age, IMO all 100% original ! Love it ! I would not be worried by the colour of the chinstrap fittings !....as usual very small size at fifty two and a half ! "R.J.R.23 II.B" marking for 2nd Battalion, Reserve Infantry Regiment 23........Reserve Regiment of "Infanterie-Regt. von Winterfeldt (2.Ober-schlesisches) Nr.23, garrisoned at Neisse, part of VI Armee Korps.
    Prost ! Steve.

I did some research on that regiment in the History of the 251 Divisions. It saw quite a bit of hell. I wondered if this might have gone unused because of its condition, but there is a nice sweat ring in the top that indicates at least some good use.