Trench art rings?

Article about: I have stumbled across these 2 rings. I am told that they are WW1 german trench art rings. I have no idea if they are genuine period items or cheap and crude fakes. I was offered them for 25

Default Trench art rings?

I have stumbled across these 2 rings. I am told that they are WW1 german trench art rings. I have no idea if they are genuine period items or cheap and crude fakes. I was offered them for 25 quid. What do people think? Has anyone seen such articles before?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Default Re: Trench art rings?

Rings are heavily faked. Be really careful. The styling is typical for the period.

These could be "OK" but to be honest I would prefer to see them in hand to look for wear etc.

The price is cheap enough.

Cheers, Ade.

I Agree with Ade here , the one on the right looks good , the other just doesnt do it for me the carving in the metal looks a little to fresh , cheers Raymond

Hi, I agree with both chaps above. One other thing, the left one looks like aluminium which would have been a unusual metal to use in the WW1 period. More usual for WW2, Cheers, Richard.