Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench art rings?

Article about: I have stumbled across these 2 rings. I am told that they are WW1 german trench art rings. I have no idea if they are genuine period items or cheap and crude fakes. I was offered them for 25

Default Trench art rings?

I have stumbled across these 2 rings. I am told that they are WW1 german trench art rings. I have no idea if they are genuine period items or cheap and crude fakes. I was offered them for 25 quid. What do people think? Has anyone seen such articles before?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images Trench art rings?  Trench art rings?  Trench art rings?  Trench art rings? 

Default Re: Trench art rings?

Rings are heavily faked. Be really careful. The styling is typical for the period.

These could be "OK" but to be honest I would prefer to see them in hand to look for wear etc.

The price is cheap enough.

Cheers, Ade.

I Agree with Ade here , the one on the right looks good , the other just doesnt do it for me the carving in the metal looks a little to fresh , cheers Raymond

Hi, I agree with both chaps above. One other thing, the left one looks like aluminium which would have been a unusual metal to use in the WW1 period. More usual for WW2, Cheers, Richard.