Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tri-Fold German Franco Prussian War Medal

Article about: Hello everyone, I've recently picked up my latest acquisition, the German variant of the Franco-Prussian War medal. It's in emaculate shape, with the appropriate engraving on the rim (With C

Default Tri-Fold German Franco Prussian War Medal

Hello everyone,

I've recently picked up my latest acquisition, the German variant of the Franco-Prussian War medal. It's in emaculate shape, with the appropriate engraving on the rim (With Captured Guns), and has very little, if any, corrosion on it. I have noticed though that the medal seems to have been fastened on backwards, although I've seen other examples of this with the same medal. My newest addition has a tri-fold design, along with what appears to be the original open clutch clasp stiched onto the back.

My questions are:

-Is the tri-fold variant harder to come by than the standard design (the normal length of ribbon)
    -Does the tri-fold design increase the value of this medal?

All opinions are welcome...Thanks for looking

Alex

Tri-Fold German Franco Prussian War MedalTri-Fold German Franco Prussian War Medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tri-Fold German Franco Prussian War Medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tri-Fold German Franco Prussian War Medal

Alex...Nice set up, looks to be possibly a home made affair, certainly not jeweller mounted.....no idea when it was done, from then to now ? IMO the ribbon is to new in appearance to be a period piece....they are usually quite wishy washy, the red turns more orange in colour. Tri-folds usually denote Austrian origin....they are not common, it may add a bit to this medal in value, but not much, it is a common low value medal.
    Prost ! Steve.