Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

two new german helmets

Article about: If there is black paint all over them, it will not be original. Cheers, Ade.

Default two new german helmet shells

Hello everyone,
    Yesterday i did a ver big flea market at Staden, a small farmers village behind dixmude, also nog far from ypres. Really lots of ww1 stuff there, loads of gasmask, artillerie Shell ( whe call hem obus) and baionettes, in ver bad or relatively good shape.
    Als some dealers with only militaria stuff but with them you pay the full price and some off them sell you fake stuff i start to see know...
    Then i found a old man who had these 2 helmets he wanted 50/ piece i tot them both for 75€!!
    Waaaw i am happy, its not he fact i payed cheap because these pieces are commonenough Here, but they are beautifull big pieces, unfortunenatly without liners but they came with he history:
    The old man said that hes grandfather found them at their land short after ww1 in Zillebeke, just behind Ypres where a large battle had occured. But they painted those helmets after ww2 for manifestations for peace do this is botthering me i want do remove that awfull paintjob, as you can see on 2 pictures it came off easy with hot water and soap. Im pretty sure the paint underneath is wel preserved so this excites me maybe theyre camos LOL!
    Thank U for reading and comments are very welcome :-) :-)
    Last edited by mannfred; 07-30-2012 at 01:27 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement two new german helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: two new german helmets

nice helmet shells! Why not soak one overnight and see if that loosens the paint?

Thank u!
    Soak yes, in just water??
    Sorry for he pics i taken them quik this morning

Congratulations on a great Score! They look nice and solid...! You can't beat the price, either!

Quote by mannfred View Post
    Thank u!
    Soak yes, in just water??
    Sorry for he pics i taken them quik this morning
    Just as you said, hot water and soap and soak. If it works, try the other one.
    Dan

I'd like to see some better photos too manfred, please.

Ok thanks I'll soak one first and if works I'll do the second one to.
    I Will take good pictures when ready because right now there not in best shape
    I Will try posting tomorow evening after work
    See you guys later!!

so i am filling a bucket with boiling water and soap for letting it soak a bit, but i with a sponge (soft side) i claered allready some area and i see black paint i hope it is normal i didnt expect this i thought it would be feldgrau, really strange

im really worrieing that i have reached the first layer of paint was underlayer black of all stahlhelms?? im scared to touch it now

Really looking forward to your next batch of photos...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast