Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

U boat cufflinks

Article about: Hi everyone..i really have no idea about these..they were purchased about 35 years ago from the same guy..im assuming they are Imperial..any help or further info would be appreciated

Default U boat cufflinks

Hi everyone..i really have no idea about these..they were purchased about 35 years ago from the same guy..im assuming they are Imperial..any help or further info would be appreciated
    U boat cufflinksU boat cufflinksU boat cufflinksU boat cufflinksU boat cufflinksU boat cufflinks

not original WW! or WW2,they did not wear cufflinks on U-Boats.-----lol. for reunion dinners,like them.

lol i didnt think they were worn on Uboats Harry...Just wasnt sure on if anyone had seen similar, as i cant find any online

Bunds Commemorative.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I just discovered this old thread. The blue cufflinks bear the '57-type U-Boat miniature showing the sanctioned denazified design for veterans of WW2, as was produced for Bundesmarine ribbon bars and civilian-wear stickpins. Interesting to see them on cufflinks and I've seen a similar pair with the mini-Minesweeper. If you purchased them circa 1980 then obviously they pre-date that.

The combination of a '57 mini with what looks like a good quality pair of cufflinks raises the distinct possibility of Wilhelm Deumer as a manufacturer. Only S&L and Deumer produced the '57 minis, and Deumer was well-known for cufflink manufacturing from pre-war to the present day. My best guess would be a Deumer product aimed at Kriegsmarine veterans from the 1950's-60's.

The pair wth the cross at the top of the wreath is not the official '57 design and presumably would be marketed to decommissioned veterans and not Bundesmarine personnel.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U boat cufflinks  

?

Here's a pair of Deumer cufflinks, I assume from circa 1999 with the introduction of the Euro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U boat cufflinks   U boat cufflinks