Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified German medal, help would be greatly appreciated.

Article about: Hi, Im new to this forum and have a badge/medal which looks to be German, but im unsure what it is and what it was issued for any help on this would be much appreciated as im very interested

LBartonVXR
    ?

Default Unidentified German Badge/Medal Identfication Much Appreciated!!

Hi, Im new to this forum and have a badge/medal which looks to be German, but im unsure what it is and what it was issued for any help on this would be much appreciated as im very interested to find out more about this!! Translation of the text would be great also!!

See pictures below:

Attachment 374757

Attachment 374758

Many Thanks, Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified German medal, help would be greatly appreciated.   Unidentified German medal, help would be greatly appreciated.  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Unknown Medal, Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Please post larger and more qualitative images...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Default Re: Unknown Medal, Help would be greatly appreciated!!

without larger images, i can tell you there was a German bicycling club at the turn of the last century which engraved medals and trophies with the motto, "All Heil" that you see here.

as there is a clear image of a bicycle on the medal, i am pretty sure this is a medal for a bicycle club event dating to the late 1800s or early 1900s for this club.

i can not remember if the club itself was called "All Heil" or if that motto was used by the club i am thinking of.

- - Updated - -

by the way, every time i click on those images they automatically download onto my hard drive.

not sure what that's about.

?

Default Re: Unidentified German Badge/Medal Identfication Much Appreciated!!

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum.

It appears to be a 1900 medal for cycling? The name looks like RV Weppen? The top word is 'Für' but the other words are hard to tell unless you post some better images. These small pics are not helpful in your quest for answers.

It's best to upload jpeg images to the forum as these are bitmaps and get downloaded to my computer before I can see them.

As it is a 1900 medal I'll move this thread to the Imperial forum.

I've also merged the two threads into one.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

LBartonVXR
    ?

Default Re: Unidentified German Badge/Medal Identfication Much Appreciated!!

Thanks for the quick replys on this, I have attached some jpeg images, hopefully these will be clearer and wont require downloading first!!

Well I was compleately off the mark thinking this was war related then, I will search the internet on cycling in the 1900's to try and find more info on this!

Thanks again and the pics are below:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified German medal, help would be greatly appreciated.   Unidentified German medal, help would be greatly appreciated.  

?

Default Re: Unidentified German medal, help would be greatly appreciated.

Much better pics, thank you. I'm sure Andreas will be able to help with this one!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....