Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken Berlin Brass Plaque, what is it?

Article about: Hopefully this is in the right place. Found this today, local find. I do know that the owner of the shop where I found it was quite a collector back in the day, especially of Mauser Broomhan

Default Unusual Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken Berlin Brass Plaque, what is it?

Hopefully this is in the right place.

Found this today, local find. I do know that the owner of the shop where I found it was quite a collector back in the day, especially of Mauser Broomhandles, but he wasn't there to tell me anything about it.

I can't find any info or a picture of another one, or figure out what the No: 277 means?

Was it a wall or doorbell plaque, is it off a box or a heavy gun?

What would be the approximate age of such a plaque?

WWI era?

Any info appreciated, thx.

?

I believe it is off of some sort of weapon, like a Minenwerfer or Geschütz. The "277" is a serial number.

Thx much for the info, very helpful. Those are quite the guns...

Larboard: I do not think that DWM made artillery weapons in either war. They were primarily manufactures of small arms. I am reasonably sure that the heaviest weapons they made were carriage-mounted and ground-mounted heavy machine guns. I agree that the plaque looks like it came off something bigger than a heavy machine gun; however, it is possible that it was attached to a piece of rail road equipment from the 1950’s. DWM, then known as Deutsche Waffen und Maschinenfabriken, was building rail road equipment but was still using the old DWM logo. In any event, that is a nice looking piece. Dwight

Thx.

It really is a neat tag, quite unusual. My guess is the old guy had it in his WWII Broomhandle and Artillery Luger display.