Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Verlustliste Luftstreitkräfte 1914-18 (or Casualty List of the German Air Force 1914-1918)

Article about: Hi all I was out looking around this interweb thingy and stumbled across the following site: Verlustliste: Luftstreitkrfte 1914 - 1918 (Namen B - 2. Teil) A lot of you undoubtedly know about

Default Verlustliste Luftstreitkräfte 1914-18 (or Casualty List of the German Air Force 1914-1918)

Hi all

I was out looking around this interweb thingy and stumbled across the following site:

Verlustliste: Luftstreitkrfte 1914 - 1918 (Namen B - 2. Teil)

A lot of you undoubtedly know about this, but for those who do not, it is a fantastic site for research.

It lists all German Air Force personnel who fell during 1914-18; their Rank, DOB, Location of death and their Unit.

It also translates to English.

Cheers
    Tim

Would there happen to be a WWII equivalent? I have family that I would like to learn about. Maybe sometime I will post their pictures.

Hmm - I have to be honest and say I really don't know. I would imagine there would be - you may wish to ask Ade - he seems to have mine of information such as that.

Cheers

?

Excellent.
    Bookmarked for future reference.
    Thanks.

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    Would there happen to be a WWII equivalent? I have family that I would like to learn about. Maybe sometime I will post their pictures.
    Unfortunately there isn't a WW-2 equivalent. There are numerous listings such as the Luftwaffe Officer Career List and the Kracker Archive that list pilots with some details but they are far from complete. There is also the Volksbund that lists those members of the Wehrmacht/W-SS that were KIA/MIA but again, it is far from complete.

?

There is also a book on the subject in English, written by Franks, Bailey and Durven. The name is "Casualties of the German Air Service 1914-1920". It also contains a partial list of wounded and POWs, as well as casualties of the airship crews. Printed in London, in 1999. The publisher is "Grub Street". The ISBN number is 1902304-33-0 I believe copies are still available. At least they were just a couple of years ago.

CCMJR

Many thanks CCMJR - I'll have to have a look for this.

Cheers