Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen Imperial Gold

Article about: A recent gold Verwundetenabzeichen badge for my collection. It looks to be in excellent condition. I did some research and feel it is a good one. It is magnetic so that would make it an earl

sb98,
    Nice picture.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen Imperial Gold
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    sb98,
    Nice picture.
    Thanks Greg, I was into collecting these for a while.

John, the more I look at the last picture you posted the more the black stuff by the bow, right side of the wreath, and the edge of the sword blades looks like old paint to me. To put my mind at ease, if it were mine I'd get a little soapy water on a q-tip and see if any of the black stuff comes off. The edge of the badge on the back looks to have a little patina on it. I'd give that a rub with the q-tip too and see if a little green color comes off. If you get a little green that would suggest brass over the steel base of the badge. I'm sure you'll be able to tell having it in hand, I'm just going off what I see looking at the pictures.

Here are couple more for comparison.

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen Imperial Gold  

Quote by sb98 View Post
    I was into collecting these for a while ----------
    Here are couple more for comparison.

Tim
    Very cool.

I own a total of 1 full sized plus 2 or 3 minis.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Glenn for your opinion on badge. I am glad that it is has turned out to be a good one. I guess now a black, and silver one I will have to look for

Regards;
    John

Hi Tim, upon reading your post I took another look at my badge with a loop. I did find some kind of black gook in areas of the wreath. I don't believe that it is paint. It could have happened due to how it was stored over the years. I am feeling that it could even be corrosion.

You have quite a collection there, I now most likely will have to find a black and silver one. Thank you for the great pics and information that you shared.

Regards;

John

Hi John,

now the badge looks much better . Iron or steel material and blunt needle are good indicators for an early badge, from the first awarding period (1918-1924).

reagrds
    Tomasz
    https://tompress.shop - updates Thursdays at 8 pm CET

?

Smile

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Tim, upon reading your post I took another look at my badge with a loop. I did find some kind of black gook in areas of the wreath. I don't believe that it is paint. It could have happened due to how it was stored over the years. I am feeling that it could even be corrosion.

You have quite a collection there, I now most likely will have to find a black and silver one. Thank you for the great pics and information that you shared.

Regards;

John
    Hi John,

Be careful, they can be addicting. Once you get silver and black badges to go with your gold you might find you want a set of cut-out badges next.

Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2