Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wanting to get into German WWI

Article about: Hey guys im looking to get into German-Prussian wwi. I want to get into the gear area and hopefully by the end of the year get enough to display on a mannequin. I want to start off on the be

Default Re: Wanting to get into German WWI

Quote by oradour View Post
    Ryan.....I fear you have missed the boat.......it sailed last year,...
    I know what you mean Steve, I'm missing the boat to Giveaf**k Island on a regular basis these days, if I fell in a barrel full of nipples I'd come up sucking me own thumb...... But as Lone Watie famously said, one has to " Endeavour to persevere"!
    Attached Images Attached Images Wanting to get into German WWI 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Looks just like one on that 1st link I gave you, a good 'un. Plus he's giving a 30 option on return, which is fair. Have you checked out his 'Other items' list? He's got a 1916 Prussian buckle and belt for $200 Buy It Now.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned......Chin up old boy....time is a great healer (I know you might not think so at the moment).
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I had a quick question whats the difference between the first link i gave you and German 1916 WWI Army Military Buckle Leather Belt Gott Mit UNS Prussian | eBay
    Is the 200$ one a better deal
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    prussianglory.com

That'll keep yer quiet for a bit....!

Regards, Ned.
    Remember to turn your pc speakers off when you visit that site, else you get an onslaught of sh.it music.

Quote by NickM View Post
    Remember to turn your pc speakers off when you visit that site, else you get an onslaught of sh.it music.
    Nick you philistine ! its great music.......I trim my moustache to it !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wanting to get into German WWI  

?

?

Ryan you have received much good advice here and one thing we all agree on is that you will have to be realistic in your finances. I have just completed one basic set for a German infantryman using European and Canadian auctions and dealers and here are the approx prices in US$, bearing in mind obviously that condition makes a huge difference in value. So if you are not too bothered about damage etc then the prices wil be lower. I sought good quality but not premium.
    Belt without a buckle US$100.
    2 matching ammo pouches (3 pocket pattern) US$150
    Bread bag and strap US$150
    Canteen US$120
    Large Pack US$400

I have yet to find a bayonet and frog that suits my set up. So it is possible as there is still much of this for sale, much more than British WWI field equipment strangely! German uniform and boots - original - well i need to win the lottery!!
    Good luck.
    Mark

?

Thank you Mark for you help! I just recently won a german wwi belt with buckle on ebay for around 130$. The Buckle is in mint shape and the belt is also in good shape. I would like to thank oradour for his help guiding me through the belt and buckle process lol. But i can start getting more money in september as i turn sixteen and i can finally get a job. But i guess ill have to get lucky! And when i go to the sos show in march maybe if i can, trade for a few items.
    Thanks again
    Ryan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast