Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wanting to get into German WWI

Article about: Hey guys im looking to get into German-Prussian wwi. I want to get into the gear area and hopefully by the end of the year get enough to display on a mannequin. I want to start off on the be

?

Default Wanting to get into German WWI

Hey guys im looking to get into German-Prussian wwi. I want to get into the gear area and hopefully by the end of the year get enough to display on a mannequin. I want to start off on the belt and then move onto the rest of the gear like the helmets and clothing items.
    First Question.
    I´m looking to have a complete ORIGINAL belt setup.
    What do i need to complete it?
    I currently have a reichswehr shovel that looks almost identical to the actual wwi shovel but i need a carrier.
    More questions will come as i progress through it.
    I currently have 80$ that i can start off on.
    If any of you have a complete belt plus buckle for sale i´m interested.
    Thanks A Lot
    Ryan

Default Re: Wanting to get into German WWI

The Collector's Guild
    If you aint bothered about condition this buckle is a bargain!...

Ryan

If you need a good [free !] source of First World War photographs of German soldiers you could have a look here

Flickr: drakegoodman's Photostream

Good luck with your project.

Regards

Richie

?

How much do you think it would cost for the whole belt?
    That will be an option
    Thanks
    Ryan

There was a genuine belt on The Collector's Guild site that sold for $129, so even with that cheap buckle it's above your budget

?

Yeah, that ***** lol. I really have 200$ but there is a new game for the xbox that came out and also i need to buy a new time card which cost total 120$. Thats why i cant wait for 9 more months i can finally get a job so i can make some money to start collecting more. So i might just buy that belt buckle just so i can get a good start off. And also are the Clip pouches seperate?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Here's a couple of linky's to sites that have all you need....including ideas!

This one's good for original gear, belts starting around $200 upwards. It's suprised me how much some of this stuff is, the prices can be, well....Intimidating.

Der Rittmeister Militaria Home Page

This one's a bit easier on the pocket, it's mostly repro, and has bits and bobs you may have difficulty finding.

prussianglory.com

That'll keep yer quiet for a bit....!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think usually the ammo pouches would have to be bought separately, now and again you'll find the belt, buckle and pouches for sale complete but not too often.
    Military Antiques, Military Collectibles and Militaria German WWI Brown Triple Ammunition Pouch: Grade 1 (WWI Dated) IMA-USA.COM

Ryan.....I fear you have missed the boat.......it sailed last year, prices are now becoming ridiculous ! I can not believe the prices I realised for my collection last year, especially the field/combat gear, you are going to need around $2000 to fully equip a display.....and that will be for the basics ! A tunic alone, be it an M15 Bluse or an M07/10 waffenrock, will be around $3000 !
    If you need to ask what you need....... then the first thing you need to get is some good reference books ! Try the Johan Somers books (vol 1 & 2) from Schiffer, around $50 a volume.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wanting to get into German WWI  

?

Oh wow! I guess i need luck on my side lol. I might just stick to gear then and if i get lucky maybe a waffenrock. Thats insane lol!!! I might just have to buy the normal gear than unfourtionatly..
    Thanks Guys i will be browsing those sites.
    Ryan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast