Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What is this badge ??

Article about: Hi All !! What is this badge for ? It is stamped brass , 2 9/16 " wide and 1 5/8" tall . It has 3 holes for sewing on . I Thank You for any help !! Dave

?

Default What is this badge ??

Hi All !!
    What is this badge for ? It is stamped brass , 2 9/16 " wide and 1 5/8" tall . It has 3 holes for sewing on .
    I Thank You for any help !!
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this badge ?? 

Default Re: What is this badge ??

davekj, this is an Hungarian pilots hat badge, designed in 1929, i believe it was worn thro to 1945, and depicts a 'hunter eagle' topped by the Royal Hungarian crown device. Although a designated 'pilots' badge, it was worn by all aircrew personal wether they were qualified to fly an aircraft or not ! There was a bullion pilots breast badge, (like the RAF wings) same design as the cap badge, but the tips of the wings upturned as opposed to down on the cap badge.

?

Hi oradour , I Thank You for your help !! I was thinking Hungarian or Austrian due to the top of the crown . It came with the item pictured below . It is 45mm X 44mm , and I just reallized there was a rank star that I did not get . Again I Thank You for your help !!
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images What is this badge ?? 

Hi

The eagle badge belongs to a cap, it's an EM/NCO version. The other one goes to the collar. Here's a picture from my collection where you can see the cap badge in wear.
    Jani
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this badge ??  

?

Thank You for the picture !! It is most helpful ! What color was the background ?
    Dave

Your welcome!
    If you are asking the triangle under tha badge, it's black. The uniform color is greenish brown/khaki.

?

Thank You ,
    Yes it was the triangle I was talking about . Many thanks !!
    Dave

?

The collar wing used by the ground units, whos wear the same rank system as the Air Force /with chevrons - wich, in hungarian was symbolized wings/, but this showed the difference.

?

Hi Elnar ,
    Thank You !!