Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What kind of iron cross is this?

Article about: This is a real puzzlement to me! It looks good, but it is small. It is only 3.9 cm square! The ring is bent, but is soldered, and the ring's color looks right. The Cross seems to be made fro

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What kind of iron cross is this?

This is a real puzzlement to me! It looks good, but it is small. It is only 3.9 cm square! The ring is bent, but is soldered, and the ring's color looks right. The Cross seems to be made from Brass, or some Cuprious metal. Your ideas most welcome! Would someone show me the correct ribbon for it? Do you have an original one for sale? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images What kind of iron cross is this?  What kind of iron cross is this? 

Default Re: What kind of iron cross is this?

Hi odessa1

I've never seen anything like it before so that can mean two things either it's a very bad fake or it is something else. Maybe it's a genuine medal or WWI trench art or maybe it's a bad fake after all, I don't know...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Bob, given the size, this is not going to be an award per se. I would suspect it is a minature worn on a chain or a watch fob or something of the like?

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

[QUOTE=Nick VR;30574]Hi odessa1

I've never seen anything like it before so that can mean two things either it's a very bad fake or it is something else. Maybe it's a genuine medal or WWI trench art or maybe it's a bad fake after all, I don't know...

Greetz

Nick VR[/QUOTE The workmanship is so intricate I doubt if it is either Trench art, or a fake. A miniature makes more sense to me. Thanks for the help, guys.

?

Hello!
    Ive seen one of these models 6 weeks ago in Stockholm.
    The dealer told me that it was a bigger zise of a miniature iron cross,and that they realy existed.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

[QUOTE=svir;30593]Hello!
    Ive seen one of these models 6 weeks ago in Stockholm.
    The dealer told me that it was a bigger zise of a miniature iron cross,and that they realy existed.[/QUOTE That's what I wanted to hear! I KNEW it was no fake! Why would somebody fake an obscure (apparantly rare) miniature?

To me it looks like a good old item. Perhaps a fantasy piece, but old it is.What makes a "Pour Le Merite " made in 1936 ? A fake or a genuine pieces?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

pjm
    ?

The usual Prinzengroesse Iron Cross is 32-33mm. This could be one, just a tad larger.

Or, although it may be too large, a miniature for a watch fob or other ornamental wear, perhaps intended to hang from a ribbon boutteneire. I once had a watch fob with almost a dozen miniature medals including and Iron Cross and an engraved gold mounted 1870 bullet the man was wounded by.

?

Looks like a post WW1 Jewellers piece,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It must be some sort of private purchase. Perhaps the wanted to wear it all the time. Or maybe a memorial to a family member. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast