Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WOW what did I just see happen on ebay today? Pour le Merite

Article about: Was scoping out ebay and saw something insane happen. WWI German Blue Max Pour Le Merite Real Silver Maker and Silver Marked | eBay Click link and scroll down to see the original listing. Wa

The eagles on the PLM's were solid silver and so marked but heavily gold plated. The one sold shows no sign of any gilding nor ever having it. I've seen worn pieces, but this one simply has no gold on it at all and little wear.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WOW what did I just see happen on ebay today?  Pour le Merite
    P
    Many

?

This same seller had a silver & a gold Kaiserliche Marine Verwundetenabzeichen
    for sale about a month ago. Same "I don't know anything about these" blurb.
    These badges were trying hard to be the type shown as #16686 in the 1937
    Assmann catalogue. Way off the mark I am afraid, but some clown paid good
    money for these & will no doubt give glowing feedback. "I don't know anything
    about these." the age old "cover my arse" line favoured by potential scamsters.

Regards
    Brett

Another old adage...."A fool and his money are soon parted". Some people just have more money than brains and common sense...with the internet today, it's not all that difficult for anyone to do some quick fact checking and comparisons, but some people just don't Think, I guess. Take this forum right here, for example. We have a Huge amount of photos, specifications, information-whatever most people might need, but still you'll see the posts of "I bought this-is it real". Why, on Earth, do some people Do this-rather than do a simple sifting through the data here, I'll never know. I guess they're all just hoping for that diamond in the rough for cheap discovery. Unfortunately, 99% of the time they end up with a chunk of coal instead....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

For me its an elaborate fake, look at the left side eagle, there is a distinct disfiguration of the right leg, then the eagle below that, both legs are devoid of any detailed feathering, certainly not a quality jewellers piece

bad bird.

Hmm. That does seem to be the consensus! I actually like the design of these eagles better than the authentic ones (in terms of aesthetics), isn't that funny?

Well I'm glad I didn't rush into that one. Some poor sap just threw 1300 dollars out the window, glad it wasn't me!

Some of the fakes do indeed look nicer than the
    awarded versions.

I've always liked these---
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WOW what did I just see happen on ebay today?  Pour le Merite   WOW what did I just see happen on ebay today?  Pour le Merite  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

He's at it again. What do ya think?

German 1870 Iron Cross 1st Class | eBay

?

As others have mentioned, his descriptions are construed, so he can plead a lack of knowledge about his items.

Further more, he tries to back the buyer into a corner; 'You were told to look at the item carefully and you still bought it'
    That way he tries to prevent complaints after gullible punters are duped into buying.

The wording reeks and descriptions such as these usually makes me run from eflay items:

"This item is part of a large collection of militaria I have inherited I don't know anything about it, or when it was made. The description is from what I have found using the reference books that he kept and I think its hopefully a correct description of this item but whatever the item is in the photograph is the one that you are bidding on and will receive so please look carefully."

?

Hello James
    I have no idea whether that cross is good or not, but the fact that this is
    a private listing with bidders identities protected does not particularly instill
    confidence. This practice must be bordering on paradise for the shill bidder.

Regards
    Brett

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast