Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wurttemburg Infantry Officer Helmet

Article about: Hello, Here's a Wurttemburg Infantry Officer Helmet with storage case that I picked up around 8-years ago. The mercury fire gilding is really nice on this helmet. Looks like some insects had

Default Wurttemburg Infantry Officer Helmet

Hello,

Here's a Wurttemburg Infantry Officer Helmet with storage case that I picked up around 8-years ago.

The mercury fire gilding is really nice on this helmet. Looks like some insects had fun with the green and red lining on the underside of the visors.

Helmet would have been worn by an officer from one of the following Infantry Regiments: 120, 121, 122, 124, 125, 126, 127, or 180.

I look forward to your comments.

Best Regards,

Alan

Wurttemburg Infantry Officer HelmetWurttemburg Infantry Officer HelmetWurttemburg Infantry Officer HelmetWurttemburg Infantry Officer HelmetWurttemburg Infantry Officer HelmetWurttemburg Infantry Officer Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wurttemburg Infantry Officer Helmet
    P
    Many

A super example Alan!
    Congrats on acquiring this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Know nothing about these but it sure is a beauty Alan. I have to add one (a basic one) to my collection one day.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I can smell the awesomeness from here!!!! That has to be one of the prized pieces in you collection. Just beautiful and total eye candy. With storage case , Just fantastic!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

A beautiful set! Well found! Look at that brass finish! Excellent!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wonderful specimen Alan!

Judging by the scales, this is a line officer? Is the spike detachable for a paradebusch?

That is a great looking helmet.
    Congratulations Alan.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thank you gentlemen for your very nice comments, I appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Alan

By member Glenn66
    Judging by the scales, this is a line officer? Is the spike detachable for a paradebusch?
    Thanks for the excellent questions Glenn! Yes, it has flat chinscales for Infantry. The gilt/brass fittings configuration would have been worn by one of the following Infantry Regiments: 120, 121, 122, 124, 125, 126, 127, or 180.

The 119th and 123rd Regiments wore all silver fittings on their helmets.

Yes, the spike is detachable. Most officer helmets have a removable spike. Only the 120th & 123rd would have worn a black color plume. The other aforementioned regiments did not wear a parade plume, only the spike. (The silver fitted helmets of Regiment 119 wore a white plume, and the silver fitted helmets of Regiment 123 wore black plumes for parade.)

Best Regards,

Alan

Alan,

Beautiful helmet. I have a very soft spot for Wurttemberg as I collect Ulm related items from 1910-1945! Very , Very nice looking helmet!!

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast