Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW 1 Dated photo Imperial German Army ?

Article about: I came upon ths photo it was in some WW2 german pictures that I recently purchased they appear to be standing either in the shell of a building or a bunker can any one help with the translat

?

Default WW 1 Dated photo Imperial German Army ?

I came upon ths photo it was in some WW2 german pictures that I recently purchased they appear to be standing either in the shell of a building or a bunker can any one help with the translation please.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW 1 Dated photo Imperial German Army ?   WW 1 Dated photo Imperial German Army ?  

?

Default Re: WW 1 Dated photo Imperial German Army ?

I believe they are WWI German

Auf Beobachtung "letzte Hilfe" vor Armentrieres. Winter 1916/17

On watch "last help" in front of Armentrieres. Winter 1916/17

Best
    Gsu

?

Thanks for the imput SteveR I did notice the soldier on the right is wearing an early feldmutze but for the life of me I cant remember what there called .And thank you for the translation gsu muchly appreciated .

Regards Mark K

Not far from Fromelles where more Aussies died in a single night than at any other time in our short history thanks to the incompetence of British Generals. Nice pic, fascinating but sad history.

Phil

?

You are right Phil very sad history there an intresting photo thoe was suprised to find it in the mix of WW 2 German photos that I purchased.

Regards Mark K

?

It looks from the sunlight and support beams that they are observing from an attic through holes in the roof.

CCMJR

Hey Mark,
    Yes certainly unusual but a good pic and I agree it looks to be in an attic. I have a couple of WW1 pics and really like them. I will post my picture of an A7v with crew that I purchased a few years back for mega bucks when I get my scanner fixed.

Phil

?

Now there is an interesting thought good observation now that you mention it center picture to the right I am curious if he has his camera resting on the top of the banister for the staircase.

Regards Mark K

?

Good deal Phil I will post another intresting press or propaganda photo and then try post some more in the next day or two this one I am shur is WW2 any thoughts on the location Gentlemen.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW 1 Dated photo Imperial German Army ?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast