Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Ww 1 wound badge ????????

Article about: Any info on this one???????? Dave h

Default Ww 1 wound badge ????????

Any info on this one???????? Dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1WOUND1.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	277143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1WOUND2.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	277144  

Default Re: Ww 1 wound badge ????????

A nice and indeed interesting piece and I happen to like it.

?

I agree i would like to know what this is ?

Kind regards
    Alex

Dave..what a great little badge !, never seen one before, a period piece, I would say, from just after the Great War, in the 1920's by its pin setup....I would suggest, a privately purchased pin possibly from a Veterans organisation, to, well, obviously ,I.D. a seriously wounded vet ! remember a good few disabled veterans were forced to beg on street corners especially during the Weimar Republics inflation problems during this period !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

According to this site...: Militaria Datenbank - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Österreich-Ungarn - Kappenabzeichen der KuK-Monarchie .. (post 18, text and photo on the right), it is an Austrian badge for soldiers invalided in the war. (Note the item pictured there appears to have a different means of attachment.) That's all I can find, though.

Thanks for that Andreas ! so it is a cap badge....are these badges wartime (WW1) or post war ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Thank you all for your interest and HPL2008 thanks for the information....DAVE H

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks for that Andreas ! so it is a cap badge....are these badges wartime (WW1) or post war ?
    Going by the title of that thread on the "Militaria-Datenbank" website*), it would appear to be from Imperial-era Austria-Hungary.

By the way, while the title of said thread referred to "Kappenabzeichen" [= cap badges], I personally don't think that this specific item is necessarily a cap badge:

The variant one in the photograph from the link I posted appears to be intented for buttonhole wear and the post where it appeared in was headed "Diverse patriotische Abzeichen, Kappenabzeichen, Anhänger usw." [= Various patriotic badges, cap badges, pendants etc."]

*) Here's the link to the full thread starting from page 1: Österreich-Ungarn - Kappenabzeichen der KuK-Monarchie .. - Militaria Datenbank