Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ww 1 wound badge ????????

Article about: Any info on this one???????? Dave h

Default Ww 1 wound badge ????????

Any info on this one???????? Dave h
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww 1 wound badge ????????   Ww 1 wound badge ????????  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww 1 wound badge ????????
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ww 1 wound badge ????????

A nice and indeed interesting piece and I happen to like it.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

I agree i would like to know what this is ?

Kind regards
    Alex

Dave..what a great little badge !, never seen one before, a period piece, I would say, from just after the Great War, in the 1920's by its pin setup....I would suggest, a privately purchased pin possibly from a Veterans organisation, to, well, obviously ,I.D. a seriously wounded vet ! remember a good few disabled veterans were forced to beg on street corners especially during the Weimar Republics inflation problems during this period !
    Prost ! Steve.

According to this site...: Militaria Datenbank - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - Österreich-Ungarn - Kappenabzeichen der KuK-Monarchie .. (post 18, text and photo on the right), it is an Austrian badge for soldiers invalided in the war. (Note the item pictured there appears to have a different means of attachment.) That's all I can find, though.

Thanks for that Andreas ! so it is a cap badge....are these badges wartime (WW1) or post war ?
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you all for your interest and HPL2008 thanks for the information....DAVE H

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks for that Andreas ! so it is a cap badge....are these badges wartime (WW1) or post war ?
    Going by the title of that thread on the "Militaria-Datenbank" website*), it would appear to be from Imperial-era Austria-Hungary.

By the way, while the title of said thread referred to "Kappenabzeichen" [= cap badges], I personally don't think that this specific item is necessarily a cap badge:

The variant one in the photograph from the link I posted appears to be intented for buttonhole wear and the post where it appeared in was headed "Diverse patriotische Abzeichen, Kappenabzeichen, Anhänger usw." [= Various patriotic badges, cap badges, pendants etc."]

*) Here's the link to the full thread starting from page 1: Österreich-Ungarn - Kappenabzeichen der KuK-Monarchie .. - Militaria Datenbank