Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

For WW1 afficionados?

Article about: I just bought one of these, and it may be of interest to other WW1 Imperial Germany fans, especially with the centenary coming up. A Zippo-style lighter with the 1914 EK on the case, going f

?

Default For WW1 afficionados?

I just bought one of these, and it may be of interest to other WW1 Imperial Germany fans, especially with the centenary coming up. A Zippo-style lighter with the 1914 EK on the case, going for peanuts.

Mine came from the following shop and they are $19 posted:
    http://www.micetrap.net/shop/catalog...er-p-2625.html

Hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I thought these are perfect for Imperial Germany fans.

For WW1 afficionados?

Default Re: For WW1 afficionados?

Cool piece Nick...its almost a pity I do not smoke !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Steve, but you don't have to smoke to own a lighter. It would even make a desktop conversational piece. The pic really doesn't do it justice, but with 2014 round the corner, it's nice to see commemorative items coming out. Hopefully there'll be different items in the coming months.

?

cool looking lighter. does it look and feel good in the hand?

?

Yeah it does. It's a bit slimmer than a Zippo. Might be my dumbass hands but the EK fell off within minutes of use, but looking at it they had used a very tiny amount of CA or something to attach it, but I've now put several smears of epoxy on it and it's holding up perfectly. Next to a cigarette case it makes a good conversation piece.

For WW1 afficionados?

Another place does the lighter in black - and it's closer to the Zippo's thickness too - and it looks the business. Both the supplier below, and the silver one in the OP are in the US.
    http://northerngoodies.com/store/item/ns_0165.html

For WW1 afficionados?

Quality item then, not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Oh the quality's there. Just the glue they used wasn't. Easily rectifiable, and most likely a one-off, as with everything you buy these days.

But if you want a 1914 commemorative item, then sorting out a bit of epoxy is nothing.