Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro

Article about: Quote by LAS VEGAS on post 'Jack boots from Russia'...... 'oradour you say all the shouting i have done about the repro items ,i repeat they are exceptional quality for so little money ,but

Default Re: ww1 curraiser pickelhaube/repro

Quote by LAS VEGAS on post 'Jack boots from Russia'...... 'oradour you say all the shouting i have done about the repro items ,i repeat they are exceptional quality for so little money ,but your atitude seems a bit agressive and i wont post pictures and waste my time photographing them,and concentrate on more reasonable members points and queries on militaria'
    LAS VEGAS i wasnt aware that my attitude was aggressive, however you requested a discussion from forum members regarding a 'Repro' item, i feel that is not unreasonable to request photos and indeed only polite on your part to post photos of the said item in order for the discussion to progress to its ultimate conclusion, if you have now taken the decission not to play ball, then are we to assume this post has gone as far as it can go ? especially since you now inform us you have purchased yet another one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro
    P
    Many

?

Dear mr LAS VEGAS,

I don't think Oradour is shouting your name here , in your avatar it's also in capital letters...
    Anyway, without shouting or meaning to be rude, can you please show us the beautiful pics of you haube. I think you can help a lot of people on the forum an at least we might spot some differences... After all, you asked our opinion...
    I know we have different opinions about this helmet, but that doesn't mean we can't share some information or pics...

Adler

Unlike the rest of the member s friendliness i have dealt with the asertion by orador that i am gobbing off ,and shouting is disrespectful to a fellow member,and i hope he is taken to task for that Adrian?I w as enthusiastic about these two curraisers repros because of the high quality, and such a little price.The real thing would be about 2 grand each ,and i dont think i would pay that ,and im sure other members would want to pay that.Its a lovely design of helmet and in repro form lookos fanatastic ,and i was trying to tell members here is a real bargain.They are on ebay regularly.To call that gobbing off is offensive ,and cowardly ,as the one he is insulting is miles away,AND IS SAFE FROM COMEBACK,THE MARK OF THE BULLY .Any member would take exception to this as i do.

Hi Las Vegas, I would not call this bullying, but "gobbing off" is not a term I would personally use. I don't see any shouting here (except in your post, but I know what you are like hitting the caps lock key by mistake! )

The problem is, when someone starts a thread and then when photos are requested and are not forthcoming, people naturally get frustrated. I have seen this happen many before over the years on forums. If you don't want to post photos of these repros, fair enough, no one can make you. But it does make this thread a complete and utter waste of forum bandwidth. Now that is something which does upset me.

Cheers, Ade.

Ok adrian i will post them ,im also posting on another item .my friend will post them for me as im not totaly computer literate.It might take a while before they are on.(Adrian in the rules its talks about members being (polite) ,and gobbing off coming from orador is clearly a breach of that ,and that upsets me.)Iv disagreed many a time with members ,and kept it friendly.The thing which irks me is orador is safely miles away ,and i guarantee he wouldnt say that to my face..In relation to my sometimes shouting with capitol letters ,i am on medication and some times the hand shakes a little ,and i make a mistake.

Thank you!

I look forwards to seeing the pics

Indeed, politeness is something I hold in high regard.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: if you hit the caps lock by mistake, don't worry as I can correct it for you by an edit.

Thanks Adrian.

Default pic of repro curraiser

This is the pic of the copper coloured helmet.It is a nice heavy shell with removable spike.the leather backed chinscales are of a nice heavy quality.The eagle is well stamped and there is nice detail on it.The inner peaks are lined in leather.the pic of the silver one didnt come out ,but the green leather lined inner is from that one.For 60£s compared to 2,000£s i seen an original one at i think the helmet speaks for itself.Interested in your views about it.you also get a lovely crafted wooden stand with it it is also varnished.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro   WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro  

WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro  

Default Re: pic of repro curraiser

ps my latest ww1 pickelhaube was the m15 version with removable spike,which i sold recently with a cover.iv never seen a curriaser helmet in the metal,but in pictures.also this particular helmet fits onto an average sized human head which curiously the average genuine pickelhaube usually fails to do.

Default Re: WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro

IN A WAY IM PLEASED THERE ARE NO REPLIES YET AS NO ONE IS SAYING THE REPRO CURRAISER HELMET IS A BAD ONE.I F I CAN GET THE TIME I WILL CONCIDER PUTTING ON BETTER PICTURE INCLUDING THE SILVER ONE WIth brass fitting.They look particulary good with the chinscales down when displayed on a head.i got the copper one first ,and didnt think the silver coloured one would look better ,but it does.I notice the guy selling them has jacked up the price.looks like i got them in good time !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast